PDA

View Full Version : Friedman Nails It.

Sylvan
03-31-2010, 06:05 PM
If this guy would stick to the middle east he is great. Every time he dabbles domestically he is a moron.

I commend this NYT article This Time We Really Mean It

This newspaper carried a very troubling article on the front page on Monday. It detailed how President Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan had invited Iran’s president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to Kabul — in order to stick a thumb in the eye of the Obama administration....

Rule No. 1: When you don’t call things by their real name, you always get in trouble.

Rule No. 2: “Never want it more than they do.”

Rule No. 3: ..what leaders tell you in private in English is irrelevant. All that matters is what they will defend in public in their own language.

But I still fear that Karzai is ready to fight to the last U.S. soldier. And once we clear, hold and build Afghanistan for him, he is going to break our hearts.

Link:http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/31/opinion/31friedman.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

This reinforces everything I saw working as a mentor. the ANA will NEVER be well enough trained, equipped or resourced to EVER fight because thats when the US (and the money) leaves.

Umar Al-Mokhtār
03-31-2010, 11:45 PM
that the American foreign policy mantra is: Neglect admiration but reinforce ingratitude.