PDA

View Full Version : SWJ Magazine Volume 5 Now Posted

SWJED
07-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Small Wars Journal Volume 5 (http://www.smallwarsjournal.com/swjmag_current.htm) has been posted. Here is the lineup of articles:

Guerrillas From the Mist: A Defense Attaché Watches the Rwandan Patriotic Front Transform from Insurgent to Counter Insurgent by LTC Thomas P. Odom, US Army (ret.)

Lessons from Iraq; Invasion and Occupation by Maj M W Shervington, British Army

Mao in Mufti?: Insurgency Theory and the Islamic World by Dr. John W. Jandora

Cops, Spies, and Commandos: The Legal Quagmire that is the Global War on Terror by Capt Matthew Collins, USMC

The Cost of Expediency in Counterinsurgency Operations by MAJ John C. Davis, US Army

Meeting the Irregular Warfare Challenge: Developing an Interdisciplinary Approach to Asymmetrical Warfare by LTC Patrick James Christian, US Army

Counterinsurgency: “A Realistic Appreciation” by Capt Robert B. Asprey, USMC - reprinted from Marine Corps Gazette January, 1963

Steve Blair
07-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Some great stuff in here. Very well done!

Tom Odom
07-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Dave and Bill,

For some reason after clearing all temp files, history, and cookies, my browser still shows Vol 4 of SWJ magazine. Steve apparently can read it. please send me a copy via email.

Best
Tom

Steve Blair
07-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Dave and Bill,

For some reason after clearing all temp files, history, and cookies, my browser still shows Vol 4 of SWJ magazine. Steve apparently can read it. please send me a copy via email.

Best
Tom

Checked again this morning, and the link above does bring up Vol. 5.

Very good article, Tom!

SWJED
07-14-2006, 02:08 PM
This is the only instance that I know of - lots of people have been accessing the whole mag and the individual articles.

If anyone else needs the mag e-mailed - PM or e-mail me and I will send it along.

Dave