PDA

View Full Version : Terror plot accused was 'happy' about 9/11

Tc2642
09-14-2006, 08:44 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,,1872548,00.html

SWJED
09-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Interesting and seemingly a typical bio of home-grown U.K. terrorist murderers...

A man accused of buying fertiliser for an alleged bombing campaign against trains and nightclubs told the Old Bailey today of his conventional British childhood and his pleasure at the September 11 attacks.

Omar Khyam, 24, described how he was raised by a secular family and captained the cricket team in his predominantly white school in Crawley, West Sussex before being turned on to radical Islam by the banned group al-Muhajiroun...

Tc2642
09-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Yes, there does seem to be something happening with third generation Muslim asians in this county, although I would say that this is a small minority of people, although the prevalance of extremist Islamist movements (abu Hamza etc etc) I feel, has done a lot to fan the flames. Whether it is a search for identity because of a sense of loss of identity, anger at policies or maybe, the fact that they may still be constrained by traditional family traditions while living in a Western country which clash with the prevelant liberalism of British society (arranged marrage for example) I can only speculate. Although on the last point is a guess and I suspect a far more complicated matter that I, as a white westerner with limited contact of the muslim community, should really be commenting on.