PDA

View Full Version : Internet TV

kowalskil
03-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Some say that buying a HDTV set (receiving information via cable or satellite), would now be a mistake. The Internet TV (receiving information via a browser and watching it on the computer screen), they say, is much more desirable.

What do you know and think about this new option?

Ludwik

selil
03-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Some say that buying a HDTV set (receiving information via cable or satellite), would now be a mistake. The Internet TV (receiving information via a browser and watching it on the computer screen), they say, is much more desirable.

What do you know and think about this new option?

Ludwik

I have a Sony and Apple TV for HDTV at home. Both work great. I also have a 30 inch cinema display my computer is currently hooked to, and a 40 inch display also that I watch from my computer. I'm of the mind that either works.

Tukhachevskii
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Wouldn't the avaliable bandwidth hamper the effectiveness of internet TV? I was mulling that over myself (HDTV vs streaming Internet TV) but get frustrated when my computer slows down at peak times, there's no way on earth I'd stand for that in the middle of an episode of Castle!;) At least with cable or satelitte the reception is continuous (at least with cable anyway).

stanleywinthrop
03-08-2011, 01:38 PM
As long as you buy a tv with HDMI input you'll be fine. If you have that input, you can use any number of devices to stream internet content to the tv, such as XBOX, PS3, Apple TV, Roku, even your laptop/ other computer.