PDA

View Full Version : US Government COIN Initiative

SWJED
11-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Just ran across this Department of State sponsored web page - US Government Counterinsurgency Intiative (http://www.usgcoin.org/index.cfm).

Not a lot there yet, but does contain some doctrine / documents and links as well as four addresses from a conference they sponsored in September.

jcustis
11-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Interesting find Dave. Looks like lipstick on a baboon's...well, we all get the picture. That's a layer of the onion I never thought State would peel back.

SWJED
11-02-2006, 11:38 PM
Interesting find Dave. Looks like lipstick on a baboon's...well, we all get the picture. That's a layer of the onion I never thought State would peel back.

A check-in-the-box initiative or the real thing? State does not have the resources to do what they need to do... Maybe a call for help?

jcustis
11-03-2006, 12:00 AM
I think it's botha check in the box and a cry for help. Probably an inter-departmental/agency effort...I forecast it will die a silent death in about 8 months and the link will no longer work.

Jimbo
11-03-2006, 12:24 AM
I don't think that is going to die out anytime soon. I have already been tagged to work at it in DC for six months in between some assignments. this thing has some powerful backers out of various agencies.

SWJED
11-03-2006, 12:29 AM
I don't think that is going to die out anytime soon. I have already been tagged to work at it in DC for six months in between some assignments. this thing has some powerful backers out of various agencies.

I hope... Let us know how we may be of assistance - both unofficial and official (day jobs).