PDA

View Full Version : Marine receives MOH

Culpeper
11-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Alive!

http://spectator.org/archives/2012/11/20/the-battle-of-ganjgal

Gotta love this guy.

“My country was recognizing me for being a failure and for the worst day of my life.”

jcustis
11-21-2012, 03:58 PM
I hope those are misquotes, because half of that article reads like embellished BS.

In fact, I'm positive of it.

Not flaming you Culpeper, but that article reads like a ton of fail.

davidbfpo
11-21-2012, 04:11 PM
If that review is supposed to encourage purchasing the book, it is big FAIL.

Culpeper
11-23-2012, 06:42 PM
"Don't you worry about a thing. You're with Audie Murphy, my man!" :)

Hey, it's not often we get an autobiography from a living Marine that was awarded the MOH.

EffectsDiaspora
12-11-2012, 05:46 PM
i don't know if he actually bashed a guys head in with a rock, but he certainly acts like a man who did. i can't tell if the comments above are criticisms of the article, the book, or the man... but i certainly am willing to give the benefit of doubt to dakota meyer, a warrior, not a writer, trained in prose at the school of infantry, not eatonian oxbridge lecture halls.

amgrunt1833
01-14-2013, 02:32 AM
I wonder if it covers the scandal that the battle unleashed. The cover up of why they could not find the General in charge of authorizing the support, the Col.'s who would not act. The subsequent refusal to mention there names. The Marine Air wing that intercepted the calls and inaction and sent cobras and harries anyway. The Gunnery Sgt. that killed was stationed here and I have meet his mother several times, The family's have never gotten answers. She had no problem with Dakota receiving the MOH. He left the Corps when this action showed him that you can no longer rely on someone having your back, the two former Seals in Benghazi learned the same lesson.