PDA

View Full Version : FOB Sharana

jonSlack
01-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Looking for information on the living conditions at FOB Sharana.

Specific RFIs:

How is the mail delivery?

How is the chow?

Are there any serious issues with pests (Rats, insects...) or other wildlife?

What is the availability and quality of the gym and other MWR facilities?

Is there a PX for buying common items like toothpaste and razors?

How are the living quarters organized and laid out inside (Plywood walls or hung ponchos or open bays).

goesh
01-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Quality of the gym? I was wondering if it's the green weenies that still get to burn the ####ters....my, how the times have changed. The time was when a guy used to be able to get a strong, sexy core pulling them out and dragging them off to burn, good for the arms too you know.

sgmgrumpy
01-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Looking for information on the living conditions at FOB Sharana.

Specific RFIs:

How is the mail delivery?

How is the chow?

Are there any serious issues with pests (Rats, insects...) or other wildlife?

What is the availability and quality of the gym and other MWR facilities?

Is there a PX for buying common items like toothpaste and razors?

How are the living quarters organized and laid out inside (Plywood walls or hung ponchos or open bays).

Probably better to get info from here.

I had two hours on the ground in Sharana and Orgun-E, which gave me ample time to celebrate Mass for the soldiers.

http://www.thebandofbrothers.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=592

XSharana
10-06-2008, 04:10 AM
I was stationed at Sharana from MAR07 - APR08 with the AZARNG (PRT4).

Life there wasn't bad - but it wasn't great either.

As for chow - its run by KBR with locals doing the peon work. As a matter of fact the whole FOB is run by KBR. There is hard billets, mostly D huts. There are real ####ters (no burning) and showers. Airsrtip for 130s and smaller craft. Mail flies in Space A (weather permitting) - it usually took about 2 weeks for a letter/package from home (mail goes to NYC via US Postal, then miltary takes over: Germany 2 Bagram 2 you @ Sharana). The province is pretty poor, infrastucture terrible. On THURS every week is a local bazaar on FOB and you can get pirate DVDs for $1 -2 (most are pretty crappy quality). There is an AFFES, Post office, MWR, gym, and the occasional USO show.
I was glad when the day came and I boarded the freedom bird!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!