PDA

View Full Version : Writing scenarios

120mm
01-16-2007, 12:16 PM
For those of you who've read my intro, I am a scenario writer at JMRC, Hohenfels. I have been given the assignment of researching "white noise" scenarios that are new and fresh, and reflect real life, recent happenings in Iraq, specifically in the Saluh'adin province.

I've already written a scenario on the "fake snuff scenario" where they pretended to have intercepted e-mails from a guy right before they "killed" him with an IED on camera. (For those of you who don't know, the guy was in the States when it happened and never was in danger.)

If any of the SWC members would like to see soldiers trained on a certain scenario you know of, or witnessed, PM me. The scenarios don't have to be training focussed; anything that will distract the chain of command "in the box" is fair game. (and, yes, we often do the "man shows up at the main gate and offers the comforts of his 'sister' to the gate guard for a price"

RTK
01-16-2007, 01:17 PM
For those of you who've read my intro, I am a scenario writer at JMRC, Hohenfels. I have been given the assignment of researching "white noise" scenarios that are new and fresh, and reflect real life, recent happenings in Iraq, specifically in the Saluh'adin province.

I've already written a scenario on the "fake snuff scenario" where they pretended to have intercepted e-mails from a guy right before they "killed" him with an IED on camera. (For those of you who don't know, the guy was in the States when it happened and never was in danger.)

If any of the SWC members would like to see soldiers trained on a certain scenario you know of, or witnessed, PM me. The scenarios don't have to be training focussed; anything that will distract the chain of command "in the box" is fair game. (and, yes, we often do the "man shows up at the main gate and offers the comforts of his 'sister' to the gate guard for a price"

I have a good friend who is writing an article for Armor Magazine regarding "white noise." PM me for his e-mail address.

Rob Thornton
01-16-2007, 02:27 PM
I read Jon's draft, its good.

120mm
01-16-2007, 03:30 PM
PM sent.

Thank you!