View Full Version : The List: The Future of the Insurgency

Chris Albon
01-17-2007, 06:00 AM
The List: The Future of the Insurgency (http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=3517)

Before the U.S. military killed Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq was the face of the insurgency. Yet his group was probably responsible for only 5–10 percent of the insurgent attacks. What about the other 90 percent? FP takes a look at the other major insurgent groups in Iraq—who they are, what they are trying to accomplish, and which ones are more likely to negotiate than fight to the death.

01-17-2007, 06:06 PM
should have been added, "funded by VEVAK" or " benefactor: VEVAK". I bet VEVAK's boss Gholami Ajehei has a veritable blank check for
Iraqi operations.