PDA

View Full Version : "The Other Side of the Mountain"

CSC2005
01-24-2007, 12:43 AM
I work for the USMC. We are looking at doing a sequel to "The Other Side of the Mountain" by Les Grau. My hunch is that many people on this group know the book. Les Grau would do the research and write the book. The core of the book will once again be insurgent tactical TTPs.

We are looking for feedback and what readers liked most about "The Other Side of the Mountain" and what could make the book more useful. The audience is junior/company grade officers and NCOs/SNCOs.

Thanks for the help. We know from feedback and the thousands of copies we have sent out that the book is popular, but we want to see if we can make it even better.

jcustis
01-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Well that's pretty easy. TOSOTM and Grau's other vignettes I've seen have a very common theme. They are easy to read, give us a good snapshot of the other side's perspective, and have fairly easy to digest tables and reference maps. I would say that it is almost a "must have" to include a reference battle map for each contact/incident that is discussed.

jonSlack
01-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Well that's pretty easy. TOSOTM and Grau's other vignettes I've seen have a very common theme. They are easy to read, give us a good snapshot of the other side's perspective, and have fairly easy to digest tables and reference maps. I would say that it is almost a "must have" to include a reference battle map for each contact/incident that is discussed.

Seconded.

Will the new edition only cover vignettes Afghanistan or will vignettes from other fronts of GWOT (Iraq, HoA, Phillippines, Southern Lebanon...) be included?