PDA

View Full Version : Cl 150

nichols
01-26-2007, 11:48 AM
We're looking at getting an enterprise license for Transparent Language's CL 150 software.

Anyone have experience with the program?

nichols
01-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Looks like we are going to go for an enterprise license for the USMC:

http://www.transparent.com/about/pressdocs/DLIrelease.pdf

This should be a good force multiplier for the other language programs that we have down range.

nichols
03-27-2007, 01:27 PM
We announced the sole source today:

http://www.fbo.gov/spg/DON/USMC/M67854/M6785407R8083/SynopsisP.html

Stan
03-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Hey Nichols !
Looks pretty interesting ! Really :)
They even have Estonian. Clicking however on the 'overview' of Estonian comes out in English.

This part me likes best:

At the same time, other aspects of the Estonian language are straightforward and simple. For example, in Estonian there are no articles, no gender (not even for pronouns), no aspects of verbs, and only four verb tenses. Word order is also less rigid than in English because the meaning of an Estonian sentence is conveyed through word endings rather than through word order.

Having read that (I already know it), would you now conclude that the 'other aspects' are simple :confused:

Missed an even better example:

Estonian vocabulary shares many words with the Finnish language, because both go back to similar roots.

Yeah, right. For example the the word marriage in Estonian means problem in Finnish !!!
Regards, Stan

nichols
03-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Having read that (I already know it), would you now conclude that the 'other aspects' are simple :confused:

I don't know if it will be simple, I plan on trying this out with the 3 year old first, then 5, and finally the 13 year old daughter.....if it works:D I'm going after the wife and in-laws.......no longer will I be the third man on the third sh!tter that didn't get the word.......I will rule my house for I will be passing out scoop in English and Czech!!!!!!

Ya baby, I've wanted this ability for so long now....I'm going to have a perminant smile on my face......unless of course my wife starts teaching Russian or Polish or German to the kids.....then once again I'll be back in my place......on the third sh!tter:(

Stan
03-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Dad spoke to us in Swiss-German, mom came from Singapore and spoke the Queen's English and often used other languages when PO'd.

My 7 year-old rambles in English (me), German (grandma) and Estonian (mom). Her best friend in school is an ethnic-Russian. She understands more than I do.

A vacuum somewhere upstairs ? I'd take advantage of it or you will be on the 3rd seat :wry:

I decided to stop at one kid :D