PDA

View Full Version : Salafi literature request

Strickland
02-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Does anyone have a copy of Creed of Abraham by Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi?

jonSlack
02-09-2007, 12:36 AM
To piggy back on Strickland's request if I may... Something that I have been wondering:

In the GWOT, who are the new Mao and Giap? Are there translations available?

Additionally, is there a contemporary Bernard Fall out there I am missing?

Strickland
02-09-2007, 12:53 AM
The usual suspects are:
1. Abu Bakr Naji Management of Savagery
2. Abu Musab al-Suri
3. Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi Creed of Abraham
4. Abu Basir al-Tartusi

And for an oldie but a goodie, you can never go wrong with Sayyid Qutb's writings

Strickland
02-11-2007, 11:07 PM
In addition, does anyone have a copy of Knights Under the Prophet's Banner by Ayman al-Zawahiri?

nichols
02-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Did you check at MCA? They probably don't have it but they might be able to get it if you order it in person.

goesh
02-12-2007, 05:05 PM
If I was a senior operational strategist, I would be low profile and have less a need for setting out much along the lines of theological strategy and operational rationale - the tactics are already tried,tested and proven from Gaza to Chechnya to Afghanistan to New York to Iraq. What needs to be done along these lines can easier be done via the net, faster and safer via email, video, blogs and chatrooms. I would look outside the tradtional box for motivation and factors of converson to violent jihad. Take the Sufis for example. Their tradiontal motif of making the self essentially a crucible for Diving Love can easily translate into a justification for direct action. I just read Layla by Ahmad al-Alwi. It's a love poem but I could see deeper contextual meaning and I could 'see' how this poem fits the mind set of a homicide bomber just as easily. Love thy woman, love thy C-4 vest!

Shek
02-12-2007, 06:14 PM
The usual suspects are:
1. Abu Bakr Naji Management of Savagery
2. Abu Musab al-Suri
3. Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi Creed of Abraham
4. Abu Basir al-Tartusi

And for an oldie but a goodie, you can never go wrong with Sayyid Qutb's writings

Some of these are available here

http://ctc.usma.edu/

goesh
02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
compliments of as-Sahab, he tells them in a tape they are entering the abyss, that nothing is changing in Iraq and they are blindly following Bush.