PDA

View Full Version : Recommended DVD

bismark17
02-20-2007, 05:14 AM
I watched a great DVD today. It's called, "New Trends in Suicide Bombings-International Perspectives." It was sponsored by the FBI and DHS and is distributed by the New Mexico Tech/EMRTC. A website for it might be http://respond.emrtc.nmt.edu. It's also available on that network that has the FBI virtual Academy. I'm drawing a blank on what it's called. leo.gov???

I believe it has a L.E. restriction on it and in this case it's actually well deserved. There a few things from a TTP stand point that I thought were very interesting and that I have not seen before or thought about. It's one of the best all around products I have seen in L.E. circles on any subject. They really got it right. They do a good job of incorporating real footage from Israel and other places to illustrate their points. The head of the FBI IED analysis program is part of the round table along with a retired Israeli L.E. who is a subject matter expert. They provide some very interesting commentary.

It's a 2 disc package. Both of them should be mandatory viewing for all L.E. Due to how current it is and the amount of information packed in I think it would also be of interest to Military EOD types. Even retired ones that might be living in Estonia! :) Sorry for posting something that not everyone has access to. I know I get annoyed when that happens but this is something that is very worthwhile for it's intended audience.

Stan
02-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks for info, Bismark !

I believe it has a L.E. restriction on it and in this case it's actually well deserved.

I have the RSO at the embassy working on it. If there's a will, there's a way :cool:

Regards, Stan