PDA

View Full Version : Eligibility for Asymmetric Warfare Group?

CPT Holzbach
02-21-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.awg.army.mil/ (AKO access required to get past initial hooah video stuff)

I sent an email to their recruiting person asking if Im eligible even though Im in the IRR and not on Active duty (I dont think I am, but what the hell.) Im not sure if Im digging the civilian life, and Im starting to think about getting back in. The problem is that I LOATHE being a regular Army captain. So Im looking to try something different, like these guys. This (http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/showthread.php?t=1778&highlight=Asymmetric+Warfare+Group) previous thread didnt help me.

Also, does anyone know about requesting a voluntary reduction in grade? Would it be possible for me to request being knocked back down to 2LT or 1LT?

Thanks for any help! (Feel free to PM if you'd like.)

Jimbo
02-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Well,

It is an active duty job for post command active duty captains who are from combat arms branches.

Mondor
02-21-2007, 06:19 PM
The application form indicates that National Guard and Reservists are not eligible to apply for an assignment with the AWG. However, the is a position one can apply to that is called "Government Civilian". Looks like you may still have an in.

A5183#
06-25-2008, 01:27 AM
May I get that email address to the recruiter? A5183#-18E

Lord_Malone
07-04-2009, 04:18 PM
The application form indicates that National Guard and Reservists are not eligible to apply for an assignment with the AWG.

That's not entirely true.

Boot
07-04-2009, 11:26 PM
I spoke to the AWG recruiter and have yet to hear from them wrt doing some work together. They are interesting as they are SOF "like" but aren't part of USASOC. They fall directly under the G33 for the Army. Lots or retired SF tabers help put them together. I inquired about Marines as part of them. They have one Marine but because its not joint or combined organization the one Marine they have is getting paid TDY/TAD to be there, which the Marine Corps in the end won't support (read money). They wanted Marines since they send dets to work with Marines in places like Al Anbar and RC South. Interesting organization. I'm not sure the Army is getting credit for them in the IW realm.

Lord_Malone
02-25-2010, 11:17 AM
They have one Marine but because its not joint or combined organization the one Marine they have is getting paid TDY/TAD to be there, which the Marine Corps in the end won't support (read money).

Yep. He was a good dude.