PDA

View Full Version : Efss

Xenophon
02-26-2007, 10:50 PM
I recently found out that I will be the Fire Direction Officer for the final testing group for the Marine Corps' new Expeditionary Fire Support System. If you're unfamiliar with the system, it's a rifled 120mm mortar system and its prime mover. I have very little information on the mortar and absolutely none on its prime mover. From what I've been told, there are no pubs or SOPs on how this thing or an EFSS unit operates. So, we're going to be given the system and thrown into the field to figure it out for ourselves. In preparation, I'm basically data mining for any piece of info I can find. If anyone remembers any articles about the system or has a link to Army 120mm mortar pubs or SOPs I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

jcustis
02-27-2007, 01:00 AM
You need to sit down and talk with LtCol(ret) Lindsey, who is now a contractor and proponent of the Dragonfire system. I'll see if he is willing to field questions, and pm you his phone number.

Best part, he is in Quantico...

Xenophon
02-27-2007, 02:36 AM
Thanks, I'd appreciate it. If he's willing to talk to a butter bar.

jcustis
02-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Knowing that you're headedto 10th Marines, you might have trouble getting him to stop...