PDA

View Full Version : Russian Police Arrested 6 Suspected in St. Petersburg McDonald's

Sarajevo071
03-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Police have detained six suspects in last month’s bomb attack in a fast food McDonald’s restaurant in Russian city of St. Petersburg, RIA Novosti reported Thursday.

The bomb, equivalent to 75 grams of TNT and packed with shrapnel, exploded in a McDonald’s restaurant in downtown St. Petersburg February 18 injuring six people, including a German national.

“According to preliminary information, the suspects are members of an extremist group,” a police source said.

Investigators are checking whether the suspects may have been involved in a series of attacks on foreigners and an explosion in a flower kiosk that left the attendant injured in early February.

The suspects were identified with the assistance of surveillance cameras installed in McDonald’s.

http://mosnews.com/news/2007/03/22/mcblast.shtml

Stan
03-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Hey Sarajevo !

What, they don't like our burgers ? Communist pigs :D

All jokes aside, our three McD's had multiple threats as recent as 2004, then the land owner tried to pressure them out by increasing rent. Later we would learn that the threats were financed by the land owner, who had been offered some prime money for the property resting just inside an 11th century city.

Probably shouldn't blow the place(s), merely raises rent and insurance.

On the other hand, 75 grams of TNT won't bring the building down, but will damage the deep fryer :eek:

Regards, Stan

Sarajevo071
03-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi, Stan !

You sure that wasn’t some extreme diet organization against saturated fat or commi attack on freedom fries!? ;)

In any case, I always hope that no one gets hurt… They work anyways for some minor money.

Taking about burgers, knowing how they look here it wouldn’t be bad idea to start making them with same look and quality how they having them on pictures and in adverts. Man needs his meat!
:D :D

Stan
03-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Now, Sarajevo...you know you should never look too closely at what you are eating in NY :confused:

Is it a hot dog ? Hmmm, better think about that one some more :cool:

All of the McD employees in Estonia are ehtnic-Russian, so no problems with a bomb (threat) :D

120mm
03-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi, Stan !

You sure that wasn’t some extreme diet organization against saturated fat or commi attack on freedom fries!? ;)

In any case, I always hope that no one gets hurt… They work anyways for some minor money.

Taking about burgers, knowing how they look here it wouldn’t be bad idea to start making them with same look and quality how they having them on pictures and in adverts. Man needs his meat!
:D :D

Ain't that the truth. I think you guys need a Fuddrucker's (or something like it) right now!

RTK
03-23-2007, 06:22 PM

Blame PETA. Or ELF.

Sarajevo071
03-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Blame PETA. Or ELF.

Hehehehe.. I will. And I do. ;)

Sarajevo071
03-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Ain't that the truth. I think you guys need a Fuddrucker's (or something like it) right now!

Just went back from loooong lunch (it’s FRIDAY!!) and after couple beers and more then couple of 7&7’s I am up for any kind of meat! Especially Fuddrucker's (if is really looking good like on pictures)!!

I lived in Maine for couple of years... Still can’t get over those steaks in “Bugaboo Creek” and they singing moose.
:D :D ;)

120mm
03-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Sarajevo, you really need to go to the Midwest for a big hunk of meat. 40 oz shrimp-stuffed prime rib in Omaha.

It's what's for dinner.

marct
03-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Sarajevo, you really need to go to the Midwest for a big hunk of meat. 40 oz shrimp-stuffed prime rib in Omaha.

It's what's for dinner.

Only 40 oz?!? Is that on the vegetarian menu :eek:.

Sarajevo, hold out for at least a 60 oz and, preferably, a 72 - 144 oz hunk. "Nothin' says 'protein' like a 12lb, bleadin' blue steak".

Marc

selil
03-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Light weights.

Y'all want a steak let's meet up at the Big Texan in Amarillo Tx... 72 ounces, monster potato, salad, and free if you finish it all. mmmmmmm. I'll take two.

Sarajevo071
03-24-2007, 10:09 PM

It's what's for dinner.

Only 40 oz?!? Is that on the vegetarian menu :eek:.

Sarajevo, hold out for at least a 60 oz and, preferably, a 72 - 144 oz hunk. "Nothin' says 'protein' like a 12lb, bleadin' blue steak".

Marc

Light weights.

Y'all want a steak let's meet up at the Big Texan in Amarillo Tx... 72 ounces, monster potato, salad, and free if you finish it all. mmmmmmm. I'll take two.

Damn! And here I am thinking I know my meat!? Time to downgrade my self to the “kitten category”… :o

OK, it’s deal! But give me couple of months… Need to do some serious training first! :D :D

Stan
03-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Sarajevo,
Even in Estonia, a baby beef filet is at least 400 grams cooked. The potato, salad and sexy dancers are included in the price :cool:

You need to move !

marct
03-26-2007, 03:48 AM
Sarajevo,
Even in Estonia, a baby beef filet is at least 400 grams cooked. The potato, salad and sexy dancers are included in the price :cool:

You need to move !

Okay, time to do some serious Anthropology of Food [read MEAT] studies!

Marc

Stan
03-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi Marc !

Okay, time to do some serious Anthropology of Food [read MEAT] studies!

It was only a matter of time. We'd already covered stuffed animals with Slapout :D