PDA

View Full Version : 6 Arrested in Weapons Raids in Alabama

sgmgrumpy
04-27-2007, 01:02 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WEAPONS_RAIDS?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

The men, members of the self-styled "Alabama Free Militia," had no apparent plans to use the weapons, but the leader was described as a federal fugitive, federal authorities said.

"They just have a beef with the government, and they stockpile munitions," U.S. Attorney Alice Martin said at a news conference in Fort Payne.

Agents recovered 130 hand grenades, a grenade launcher, about 70 hand grenades rigged to be fired from a rifle, a machine gun, a short-barrel shotgun, 2,500 rounds of ammunition, explosives components, stolen fireworks and other items, said Jim Cavanaugh, regional head of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Active U.S. Hate Groups in 2006

The Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project counted 844 active hate groups in the United States in 2006. Only organizations and their chapters known to be active during 2006 are included.

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/map/hate.jsp

Stan
04-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi SGM !

They just have a beef with the government, and they stockpile munitions

130 hand grenades :eek: What would they have collected if they were really PO'd ?

We should get these folks into RTKs current malitia (he even has a translator from Alabama on retainer....Slapout :D )

Have they had previous camel driving lessons ?

sgmgrumpy
04-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah, and these are only the ones the Feds are tracking. Glad one of those guys decided not to break off and do his own operation.:wry:

RTK
04-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Come to think of it, we haven't heard from Slapout in a few days.....:D

slapout9
04-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Gee guys gimme a break:wry: The weather is getting hot down here and that brings the bad guys out so I have been in court the last couple of days. I will try and catch up this weekend. An Alabama translator......that is one I haven't heard before.

Stan
04-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Glad to see you back in action, Slapout :D
Have you ever ventured slightly north of dixie...let's say a tad West of 'By God' Virginia ?.......Forget that one.

An Alabama translator......that is one I haven't heard before.

You didn't convinct those fine folks already, did you ?

And the grenades for RTK's militia ? Driver's permits for light-skinned vehicles?

We'll need all those back :cool:

Regards, Stan

slapout9
04-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi Stan, yes I have been to New York,Boston,D.C. now they need translators there.

The hand grenade Rednecks.....lets see one is named Bobo and lives with his mommy and daddy.......one lived in a tent......one lived in a trailer without power and water.......dosen't sound like a terrorist attack, sounds like they were planning a mass suicide....thats a Redneck ethnic cleansing:eek: They were all challenged by the mental concept of toilet paper. The ATF should have just kept them under surveillance they would have blown themselves up in a couple of weeks.

How does a Redneck time the fuse on a hand grenade? He gets a stopwatch and then pulls the pin:eek:

Later folks

PS Hi RTK don't listen to Stan no Camels in your militia.

RTK
04-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi Stan, yes I have been to New York,Boston,D.C. now they need translators there.

The hand grenade Rednecks.....lets see one is named Bobo and lives with his mommy and daddy.......one lived in a tent......one lived in a trailer without power and water.......dosen't sound like a terrorist attack, sounds like they were planning a mass suicide....thats a Redneck ethnic cleansing:eek: They were all challenged by the mental concept of toilet paper. The ATF should have just kept them under surveillance they would have blown themselves up in a couple of weeks.

How does a Redneck time the fuse on a hand grenade? He gets a stopwatch and then pulls the pin:eek:

Later folks

PS Hi RTK don't listen to Stan no Camels in your militia.

That's too bad. Ritual suicide?

Think of how the state could have pursuaded them out of it peacefully by offering them a pair of shoes....:D

Stan
04-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Active U.S. Hate Groups in 2006
The Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project counted 844 active hate groups in the United States in 2006. Only organizations and their chapters known to be active during 2006 are included.

I was a tad surprised that Alabama is not doing that bad with 'only' 22 hate groups and 4 incidences last year, three of which were spray-paint related :wry:
Florida has 49 groups and 16 incidences last year (more spray painting).

Considering what's going on in Estonia right this second, I recently asked ethinic Russians who are protesting (and calling the locals racists), just where they felt the word 'racist' came from. Most said 'USA', of course. Somewhere in Alabama with the KKK, they said.

Imagine their faces, when I reminded them:

The word 'racist' itself is a term invented by Soviet Communists in the 1930s. Russians wanted to undermine patriotism among the many nationalities in their sphere of power who might take more pride in their nation than in the Soviet amalgamation, or the ideals of communism.

Hmmm, wonder if this word is still used effectively against anyone who opposes multicultural societies ?