PDA

View Full Version : Tom Ricks's Inbox

SWJED
05-13-2007, 08:45 PM
13 May Washington Post commentary - Tom Ricks's Inbox (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/11/AR2007051102047.html) by Tom Ricks.

Retired Army Gen. Barry McCaffrey and Lawrence Di Rita, who was the chief spokesman for former defense secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, recently engaged in a tart exchange of e-mails, excerpted below. I suspect that those involved in taking the nation to war in Iraq in 2003 will be writing similar notes for the rest of their lives.

The exchange was forwarded to me by McCaffrey, a decorated veteran of the Vietnam War and the Persian Gulf War, and is used with his permission...

Culpeper
05-14-2007, 03:27 AM
Would Retired General Barry McCaffrey be one of those so-called generals that lost touch with his troops, which Yingling referred? Or just a shameful opportunist like Mr. Ricks? I will have no truck with any one of these Three Stooges (Ricks, Di Rita, and McCaffrey). I wish we would get out of the business of stroking the feathers of chickens that made their own fair share of mistakes by escaping consequences (subterfuge) with sensationalism now that they can wear a cheap suit on cable television or write an opinionated book that will be obsolete in a few more years. And you can quote me on that, Mister Ricks. Everybody wants to feel important. No different than a gangbanger with a cell phone. BTW, not everyone can publish a three page article in the Washington Post by copy and paste email messages. Only a professional pundit can do that. Talk about a fiasco?