PDA

View Full Version : Darn that was @#$% painful

SWCAdmin
06-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Completing a very less-than-elegant site migration.

I feel sort of like I think the neo-cons must, looking back on their Iraq plan. It was all going to be so smooth :o :p.

Anyway, regret the hiccups (massive dump, actually). It doesn't look like we lost any data. And now we darn well better be situated for performance and growth, 'cause I can't take too much more of that, and you shouldn't have to.

Onward....

Tom Odom
06-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey Bill,

I still get the Apache screen when I click Discussion Board from the SWJ home page. I can get there by clicking a thread and then move around. But I can't get there through the dicussion board or council link.

I restarted and tried again. Got the same thing--plus "your account has been suspended" briefly before SWJ home page opened

best

Tom

Ski
06-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I had the same issue from the work CPU...

Hey Bill,

I still get the Apache screen when I click Discussion Board from the SWJ home page. I can get there by clicking a thread and then move around. But I can't get there through the dicussion board or council link.

I restarted and tried again. Got the same thing--plus "your account has been suspended" briefly before SWJ home page opened

best

Tom

Mike in Hilo
06-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Google routed me to the "Council' page. I can access that and "Recent Posts." Every other page (SWJ Blog, SWJ Home, Ref Library, etc., etc...) remains unavailable and instead, I get routed to "This account has been suspended," which will not go away, even if I wait or refresh....

Cheers,
Mike.

SWCAdmin
06-02-2007, 02:53 AM
Well done Mike! Quite a circuitous path from Hilo to here despite the best curve balls that an infantry guy and geology major armed with a password and no semblance of foresight and restraint could throw at you!

If this is what you were seeing (http://eos.xthreats.com/suspended.page/), then you didn't have a problem. The rest of the internet did. And it was all my fault.

FYI, our internet "change of address" card is still working its way through the world of addressing servers, and our old account stopped working. If you're seeing this here now, it means your little corner of the internet got our new address.

Mike in Hilo
06-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Geology major explains it.

Cheers,
Mike. (BS Geology, City Univ of NY--Brooklyn College, 1965.)