PDA

View Full Version : SWJ / SWC recent downtime

SWCAdmin
06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Courtesy of a power interruption at our new (more reliable :confused:) web host, we had a couple of hours of downtime Wed afternoon (US Eastern time). We seem to be back up now.

We are tired of service interruptions to our users, and made the move for reliability. This better have been a ridiculous mutation of irony, or I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue :(

BREAK

Also just realized many of the e-mail functions of SWC have been dead in the water since about Friday. Will follow up here when I believe they are restored.

SWCAdmin
06-07-2007, 10:33 AM
OK, it looks like during much of the past 5-6 days, most system-generated e-mails were not working. And not throwing error messages that you would have seen.

This would include:
- notifications of Private Messaages received
- alerts on subscribed threads / forums
- e-mail to a member
- other ticky-tacky things like Happy Birthday

If you think an important message may have gone astray, please look around. Resend if you can. We don't store that stuff, so there's no way for me to reincarnate it.

The problems are now resolved and things seem (;)) to be working fine.

120mm
06-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Ummm, I didn't get that PayPal payment for $1.5 million. If you could go ahead and resend that, I would really appreciate it, m'kay?

SWCAdmin
06-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Ummm, I didn't get that PayPal payment for $1.5 million. If you could go ahead and resend that, I would really appreciate it, m'kay?
You mean you didn't get your receipt?

Thanks for that generous donation, 120mm!

:p

nichols
06-07-2007, 06:17 PM
- other ticky-tacky things like Happy Birthday

Ticky-tacky....I hope that you're not on the Ball committee:D

Honestly sir, if you had time to sleep last night then you had time to monitor the system. Didn't your SgtMaj put you on Cinderella Libo?:p

SWCAdmin
06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Deja vu all over again here.

It looks like many of the routine e-mail functions (see earlier in this thread) have been down since mid-day Sunday. They are being worked on now and should be up and running again.

It is with great disappointment, but a certain degree of pride, that I report our web host was almost as assed up in their migration of our site from server to server, as I was from another host to them. They were kind enough to move us this past Sunday to a server with a direct connection to the databases that drive the Small Wars Council, in order to get a little better performance. Good on them. But it was far from seamless, and this last issue with some configuration mumbo jumbo that I don't understand is a carry over.

Nevertheless, we are on a more hi-tess machine. Which was good, because Dave Kicullen's latest blog entry has given us our biggest day to date! Go Dave! And a heck of an entry it was.