PDA

View Full Version : Language Labs

nichols
07-29-2007, 03:15 AM
Been out of touch for a few weeks, and I miss Stan:D

Last week we set up a language lab at Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center in Bridgeport CA. They are keying on Tactical Pashto for the ETTs training during Mountain Viper. They want to pull in the tactical simulations as soon as possible in addition to the language & culture sims.

This past week we set up the MSG computers at Quantico. 30 of them are being shipped out to Sahel French Embassies for the Marines to learn....Sahel French:eek:, go figure. I never could get a decent language program going when I was stationed there because of WAWA, now the Marines can learn on there own time and the SNCO can monitor progress....gotta love technology:)

Newest scoop coming out is that 4th LAR is going to get DVTE suites......I wonder how that happened?

Stan
07-29-2007, 01:34 PM

Last week we set up a language lab at Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center in Bridgeport CA. They are keying on Tactical Pashto for the ETTs training during Mountain Viper. They want to pull in the tactical simulations as soon as possible in addition to the language & culture sims.

This past week we set up the MSG computers at Quantico. 30 of them are being shipped out to Sahel French Embassies for the Marines to learn....Sahel French:eek:, go figure. I never could get a decent language program going when I was stationed there because of WAWA, now the Marines can learn on there own time and the SNCO can monitor progress....gotta love technology:)

Newest scoop coming out is that 4th LAR is going to get DVTE suites......I wonder how that happened?

Nichols, You know good and well we blame everything on the Frogs, and now you're teaching Marines this fatal art of français :cool:

Sounds like a good project !

Semper Fi Marine !

Dominique R. Poirier
07-29-2007, 01:50 PM

Sahel French Embassies, did you say... Hmmm.

It’s good training for how to resist to soft and sweet interrogation and other recruitment techniques…

Beware of the honey trap and subtle propaganda, especially! (it begins by slight attempts to spot gaps in your convictions and beliefs; and the most innocent and, in appearance, unimportant doubt in your mind about the most unexpected subject is all for the good! For, the goal is to shake your beliefs, starting from anything.)

nichols
07-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Sahel French Embassies, did you say... Hmmm.

Here's the Embassies:

Cote d'Ivorie, Algeria, Mali, Guinea, Senegal, Togo, Chad, Niger,
Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, Cameroon, Burundi, Congo, and Baghdad or
Kabul. Initially they were going to send the 15th lab to Haiti but after the
train the trainer session they planning on re-directing it to Baghdad or
Kabul.

@ Stan, I used to always take hits on my training program because I couldn't get a certified teacher.....it took 14 years but this will answer the language requirement. :D

nichols
07-30-2007, 05:25 PM
It’s good training for how to resist to soft and sweet interrogation and other recruitment techniques…

Beware of the honey trap and subtle propaganda, especially! (it begins by slight attempts to spot gaps in your convictions and beliefs; and the most innocent and, in appearance, unimportant doubt in your mind about the most unexpected subject is all for the good! For, the goal is to shake your beliefs, starting from anything.)

Dominique, this is true in France.......but in Africa they will drop a WAWA on you in a heartbeat.:eek:

Once WAWA is understood and embraced, life becomes much easy......now if I could only convince my boss that WAWA is a good thing when I use it.:D

Dominique R. Poirier
07-30-2007, 05:32 PM
They like to do that also with Hollywood stars, as you probably noticed it.

About WAWA and the like, beware of the simpleton-like and other so-so guys. Appearances are sometimes deceptive, though, often, a sizeable and surprising part of authentic mediocrity can be found in those particular folks.

Stan
07-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Dominique, this is true in France.......but in Africa they will drop a WAWA on you in a heartbeat.:eek:

Once WAWA is understood and embraced, life becomes much easy......now if I could only convince my boss that WAWA is a good thing when I use it.:D

I understand Marines can get "pro-pay" for a 2/2/2 rating in WAWA :eek:

Now get back to your French books !

BTW, one does not embrace WAWA, WAWA embraces you :)

Tom Odom
07-30-2007, 05:51 PM
BTW, one does not embrace WAWA, WAWA embraces you

especially if you back up to it...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWaaaaaaaaaaaa! :eek:

nichols
07-30-2007, 06:04 PM
I understand Marines can get "pro-pay" for a 2/2/2 rating in WAWA :eek:

Stan, close but no cigar.

FLPP comes with DLPT-1/ILR - 1 Spoken Proficiency. :D

It's only 50 bucks a month, but that will buy some cases of beer.:rolleyes:

nichols
07-30-2007, 06:11 PM
especially if you back up to it...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWaaaaaaaaaaaa! :eek:

I'm not sure about that, but I guess it's okay as long as the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWaaaaaaaaaaaa! isn't immediately followed with an oh-la-la

Stan
07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Stan, close but no cigar.

FLPP comes with DLPT-1/ILR - 1 Spoken Proficiency. :D

It's only 50 bucks a month, but that will buy some cases of beer.:rolleyes:

Indeed a shame, we were permitted a dollar figure regardless of how many languages/level of Proficiencies held. 250 bucks max. Meaning you could max 333 on two languages, and that was it.

Sadly, WAWA and oh-la-la (depending on your strategic position during WAWA embracing as a recipient) were not permitted at Ft. Meade :D