PDA

View Full Version : The tactical duty knife

Rifleman
12-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I finished eight hours of tactical duty knife training with George Williams from Cutting Edge Training yesterday. Williams is a good instructor and I recommend the courses from Cutting Edge Training that I've had so far. I also went to Cutting Edge Training's civil disturbance (riot control) training a few years ago.

The tactical duty knife course covered both employment and defense. We also touched on liability and legalities. Of course, more time would have been better but we crammed about as much into eight hours as it's possible to do. I'm a little stiff and sore today (I've got a bad case of middle age) from rolling around during the weapon retention drills. The course contained none of that fine motor skill stuff that you can never remember in a pig pile.

If your department can send people to Cutting Edge Training, or host a course, it's very worthwhile.

slapout9
12-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Rifleman, he had one of the most interesting definitions of tactics I have ever read. He wrote an article about it some years ago in POLICE magazine I think. If you have anymore contact with him ask him about it and post the definition the SWC might find it interesting.

Erick
12-18-2007, 10:21 PM
My dept uses Williams for all of D/T instructors training & certification. We hosted the knife class about 4 years ago and, as mentioned, the class was well worth it.

His Supervisors' Use Of Force class relating to how we document and articulate is well worth the price of admission.