PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good podcast

Spectral_apex
03-01-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm looking for good podcasts related to terrorism, insurgencies, their counterpoints, or international security in general. Any suggestions?

SWJED
03-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Spectral_apex made this request via e-mail and SWC Admin pointed to a SWC posting...

Surferbeetle
03-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Although not exclusively focused upon Small Wars Topics try subscribing to:

The Economist
Bloomberg on the Economy

They cover many Small Wars Topics and help one to follow the money trail...:cool:

selil
03-01-2008, 08:28 PM
How about we start one? A podcast.

This is the way it would work...

Sunday afternoon

5 posters from SWJ log in to SKYPE.

We take the 5 to 10 top issues of the week and discuss them.

Add pre-produced intro/exit.... whammo an hour of listening discussion for the weekly commute.

Surferbeetle
03-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Sam,

Sounds fun, and I am willing to give it a whirl. An hour sounds like a long time to discuss Small Wars however.

I do enjoy the 'Engineering Works' podcast from Texas A & M it is only a minute or two long and covers fun engineering stuff. http://engineeringworks.tamu.edu/ Perhaps something along these lines for the SWJ/SWC and posted here as well?

Regards,

Steve

SteveMetz
03-02-2008, 12:24 AM
An hour sounds like a long time to discuss Small Wars however.

If you run out of material, you could discuss Odom's character flaws. That'll fill the hour up.

Chris Albon
03-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Here are a list of the podcasts I have on iTunes that might be on interest to you:

Center for Strategic and International Studies
Council on Foreign Relations
CHIAMOS
The History Network (Military)
Kellogg Institute for International Studies
Military History Podcast
Penn Program on Ethnic Conflict
World Security Institute Podcast
Yale International - International

bourbon
06-06-2008, 09:20 PM
World Affairs Council of Northern California programs: http://wacsf.vportal.net/

Schmedlap
06-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Relevant ones that I'm subscribed to and recommend (if you don't see them in iTunes, then there is probably a link at the organization's website)...

Stratfor - Daily, ~ 7 min
The Economist - Daily, ~ 10-15 min
CFR.org - Daily, ~ 15 min
BBC NewsPod - Daily, ~ 30 min
Mosaic: World News from the Middle East (video) - Daily, ~ 30 min

RTK
06-07-2008, 04:44 AM
If you run out of material, you could discuss Odom's character flaws. That'll fill the hour up.

How about a tribute to the Graveyard of the banned?

Tom Odom
06-07-2008, 12:12 PM

Thy are not flaws. They are colorful traits all my own...

Just ask Stan

BTW

A bike like that BEEMER takes corners at speeds that mean you must be looking beyond the curve before you get into the curve. You should have already gone through the curve mentally before you get to it, otherwise you get target fixated.

Finally, deer have a whole new meaning as road hazards....:eek:

pcmfr
06-07-2008, 08:37 PM
http://covertradioshow.wordpress.com/