PDA

View Full Version : Tamil Tigers

tulanealum
04-17-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm kicking around putting in for a Fulbright to study Tamil Tiger aka LTTE propaganda...anybody have any knowledge they could pass on or know of anyone who might?

There's some stuff out there, but not a lot...

Thanks in advance!

marct
04-17-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm kicking around putting in for a Fulbright to study Tamil Tiger propaganda...anybody have any knowledge they could pass on or know of anyone who might?

Knowledge of the TTs or Propaganda? Anyway, I have a friend/colleague who does fieldwork in Sri Lanka studying the effects of war on children. She might be able to help.

tulanealum
04-19-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm looking for both...there just doesn't seem to be a lot out there on TT propaganda...

Anyone you could put me in touch with would be great...

Thanks in advance!

shark11
05-07-2008, 03:12 PM
The Terrorism Research Center probably has a lot of what you are looking for. They are ran more like a buisiness though so good luck trying to get what they have for free. Walter Purdy would be a good person to talk to there.

terrorism.com

Abu Buckwheat
05-08-2008, 08:06 AM
I have REAMS of actual TT and SL Gov propaganda documents as one of my staffers was the former SL Embassy information officer in Washington, but its all in storage until I return CONUS this fall. Its raw data and the TTs have GREAT propaganda.

I recommend going straight to the local SL think tank the Laksman Kadirgamar Institute (http://www.kadirgamarinstitute.lk/) in Colombo. You can get copies of their reports and analysis and probably discuss what you need by contacting them dirctly. They had a counterterrorism conference last fall that was pretty good for making SL contacts and may have another this year.

marct
05-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Just as a note, they also have many of the texts available in pdf from the 2007 conference (http://www.kadirgamarinstitute.lk/html/default.html). Also, the site does not work well with FireFox (I suspect it was optimized for IE :mad:).