PDA

View Full Version : Need IO toolkit of charts, tables, slides, etc.

jcustis
06-01-2008, 10:07 PM
ALCON,

I'm looking for some basic electronic ways to organize IO targeting board mtg "stuff" and nthen visually portray it when it comes time for ther cmdr's outbrief on recommendations.

I've scoured the reference libarary, and not much there. I'd prefer to bootleg a good set of tools instead of starting from scatch, but I have an urgent need within the next 48 hours for the tools, but do not have access to AKO due to CAC limitations (currently on exercise), otherwise I'd start there and work my way over to CALL.

Any takers?

Cavguy
06-02-2008, 12:17 AM
PM Sent.

jcustis
06-03-2008, 02:41 AM
Okay, now that I've sat down and endured the first exercise-driven "Targeting/Effects Board" meeting, I thing I can refine this RFI a lot better.

IO was peripheral to the targeting/effects board, and even though the primary staff who were driving the process are experienced and knowledgeable, I'm not sure I like the flow (i.e. it may not have been as productive as it could have been)

I was confusing the IO cell and its work with targeting, which I now think I better grasp as being the larger effort that IO plays a role in.

So now, along the lines of conducting targeting (which may or may not be kinetic), are there information display tools and recommended agenda items that can make targeting mtgs run more smoothly in the future and maintain efficiency?

Put another way, what are the inputs into a targeting/effects board that will provide the right amount of grist so that logical outputs and products follow? I imagine that someone out there has generated a flow chart similar to the MCPP/MDPP cycles, with the emphasis on targeting in a COIN environment. If there are cues for when the IO cell should be triggered to deal with specific points from a targeting board, that would help me visualize it better.

Now on to IO...I am casting the net out to a referral from Cavguy, but if anyone has any tools they'e used in the past to organize IO "stuff" at a TF or even RCT/BCT level, I'd love to have a look at it.

As with most things COIN, it's easy to get lost in the field while searching for that one needle. I'm hoping someone can help me with finding a magnet to make it easier.