PDA

View Full Version : I Was Moved

SteveMetz
06-09-2008, 01:06 PM
I went to my youngest kid's high school graduation Friday evening. At one point, the principal began identifying all of the graduating seniors with some kind of special merit, and asked them to stand. It was honor society, student government, Eagle Scouts, etc. There was polite applause for each. Finally he asked the students who had committed to military service to stand. There was about a dozen. The several thousand people in the audience spontaneously rose with a standing ovation. It made my eyes grow misty.

Tom Odom
06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
I went to my youngest kid's high school graduation Friday evening. At one point, the principal began identifying all of the graduating seniors with some kind of special merit, and asked them to stand. It was honor society, student government, Eagle Scouts, etc. There was polite applause for each. Finally he asked the students who had committed to military service to stand. There was about a dozen. The several thousand people in the audience spontaneously rose with a standing ovation. It made my eyes grow misty.

Now that is worth clapping for...

Danny
06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Steve, you look far too young to have your youngest graduating High School. Or maybe it's just your clean shaven head. At one time I tried to trim the gray out of my beard so that I would look younger, only to figure out that I was trimming all of my beard.

I must pursue the Steve Metz / Tom Odom look.

Congrats on the graduation. Look forward to being an empty-nester. It'll be different.

RTK
06-09-2008, 05:51 PM

COL McMaster calls it the "Brave Rifles Hair Club for Men." I tried once and looked like a cauliflower. I decided then and there I'm meant to grow what hair I have left out to the boundaries of AR 670-1.

Tom Odom
06-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Steve, you look far too young to have your youngest graduating High School. Or maybe it's just your clean shaven head. At one time I tried to trim the gray out of my beard so that I would look younger, only to figure out that I was trimming all of my beard.

Congrats on the graduation. Look forward to being an empty-nester. It'll be different.

Danny

It was never by choice, simply by scarcity of resources. :wry:

Stan is also a club member :D

Tom

Umar Al-Mokhtār
06-09-2008, 10:22 PM
haven't been in a barber's chair for pert near 20 years. I just start my morning shave in the front of the neck and finish on the back of it. :D

SteveMetz
06-09-2008, 10:25 PM
haven't been in a barber's chair for pert near 20 years. I just start my morning shave in the front of the neck and finish on the back of it. :D

Whenever one of my talks go badly now (a common occurrence) I sing my cover of the Deana Carter hit "Did I Shave My Head for This?"

Umar Al-Mokhtār
06-09-2008, 10:27 PM
I have no Beemer to do beefcake poses next to. :p

slapout9
06-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Whenever one of my talks go badly now (a common occurrence) I sing my cover of the Deana Carter hit "Did I Shave My Head for This?"

Deana Carter "Did I Shave My Legs For This"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqOVutErPOk

Stan
06-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Stan is also a club member :D

Tom

And... being a baldie means you never, ever have a bad hair day :cool:

I have no Beemer to do beefcake poses next to.

Steve needs that stream lined head to go with that kneeslidin' crotch rocket -- less drag, and he can get his skid lid on/off better ;)