PDA

View Full Version : Giving Canada the Boot

SteveMetz
06-17-2008, 05:59 PM
5th human foot washes up on Canada coast (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gwpc_LGEQvTbEkIxMOReKY8CyA9gD91BJHH00)
Tue Jun 17, 12:05 AM EDT

A fifth human foot in a year has washed ashore off the coast of British Columbia, and this time it's a left one.

Police said two people out for a walk spotted the left foot floating in water off Westham Island on Monday morning.

Delta Police Const. Sharlene Brooks said officials are working with the B.C. Coroner's office to see if this foot is linked to any other partial remains recovered in the province.....

Norfolk
06-17-2008, 10:54 PM
And for a moment there I just thought Steve had it in for Us...;)

Yeah, this is pretty strange stuff, and it's being going on for quite a while now though it ceased to surprise some time ago. Then again, having grown up within the Detroit TV viewing area, this sort of thing is a little ho-hum, considering what sometimes pops up in the Rouge and Detroit Rivers.:eek: (And having gone to school in the Niagara Peninsula, I won't even go into what sorts of finds were routine in either the Niagara Gorge or the environs of the Welland Canal - especially out of the canal).

Edited to Add: Is there any chance that we can have a "friendly" (hehe) Canada vs U.S. flame war thread in one of our forums?:D

SteveMetz
06-18-2008, 12:55 AM
And for a moment there I just thought Steve had it in for Us...;)

Yeah, this is pretty strange stuff, and it's being going on for quite a while now though it ceased to surprise some time ago. Then again, having grown up within the Detroit TV viewing area, this sort of thing is a little ho-hum, considering what sometimes pops up in the Rouge and Detroit Rivers.:eek: (And having gone to school in the Niagara Peninsula, I won't even go into what sorts of finds were routine in either the Niagara Gorge or the environs of the Welland Canal - especially out of the canal).

Edited to Add: Is there any chance that we can have a "friendly" (hehe) Canada vs U.S. flame war thread in one of our forums?:D

Heck, half of my organization is in Kingston this very minute at a conference we co sponsor every year.

Featherock
06-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Does the RCMP have anyone investigating this case? I recall reading something about it a couple years ago. No doubt worse things wash up with regularity elsewhere in the states, but there's something categorically different about this case. I mean, feet? Just feet? That begs the obvious question: where's the rest of the bodies?

Rank amateur
06-19-2008, 12:41 PM
They found another one. (http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/18/canada.feet/index.html)

"The sixth foot turned up Wednesday -- a right foot in a man's size 10 black Adidas athletic shoe, police said. As in the previous cases, however, immediate answers as to the foot's origin eluded detectives."

A small plane crashed upstream three years ago. Four bodies weren't recovered.

marct
06-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey Steve,

You haven't been vacationing in BC have you :p?

'Foot' hoax on B.C. south coast despicable: police
RCMP begin public mischief investigation
Last Updated: Friday, June 20, 2008 | 1:57 AM ET
CBC News

Remains found in a running shoe near Campbell River on Wednesday belong to an animal, the B.C. coroners service says, describing the incident as a "reprehensible" hoax.

The coroners service made the statement Thursday, only a day after a witness described seeing "a foot in a shoe" on a beach near the community on B.C.'s south coast. RCMP also said Wednesday that the find appeared to be a human right foot in a size 10 running shoe.

"The coroners service, a forensic pathologist and an anthropologist have all examined the shoe and remains, and determined a skeletonized animal paw was inserted into the shoe with a sock and packed with dried seaweed," the coroners service said in a statement released Thursday.

More... (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/06/19/bc-foot-no-human.html)