PDA

View Full Version : Is Salafism in part a future way out of war on terrorism

George L. Singleton
01-26-2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.khyberwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=59108#post59108post59108

Interesting two part article in today's HUJRA ONLINE, where I am the only Christian (i.e., non-Muslim Member).

This website [Pakhtun tribal/ethnic dogmatic focus, run by an ethnic Pakhtun Professor from a college/university in Canada] on it's own copied my Nov. 2006 article in the Peshawar FRONTIER POST on using the Andorran Model to help resolve the long running India-Pakistan dispute over Kashmir.

Be interested in you guys and gals reactions to this article.

marct
01-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi George,

Interesting article. Making alliances with the various Sufi brotherhoods may be an option, although there are some pretty heavy political implications (e.g. consider how al-Ghazali's work is currently influencing Sudanese politics).

George L. Singleton
01-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Marc:

I tend to think as you do, but maybe someone else can find something "useful" from this article's ideas and suggestions. Yes, the basic concept in the article, to me at least, is "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" which has not been helpful long term to allied interests thus far, but is the ways and means of the on again, off again Pakistan government and military.

For you all, be aware that because I am both a member of this site and HUJRA ONLINE that I have thus far since Nov. 2006, once, been lambasted by Pakhtun high school and university age youngsters copying what I have written or participated in on SWJ into/onto HUJRA ONLINE but then others on HO came to my defense, including at the site Moderator level. Not that an almost age 70 old coot of my "mass" needs defending from twerps!