PDA

View Full Version : Clinton's reset button

Beelzebubalicious
03-10-2009, 03:11 AM
This is an interesting story and if true, it's a sad comment on the State Department's ability to transate and vette the translation...I'm sure the Russian's had fun with this one. Perhaps not quite as bad as the "I'm a potato" line by Kennedy, but close.

Kto Vinovat? Who's to blame? The "reset" mistranslation whodunit (http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2009/03/09/kto_vinovat_whos_to_blame_the_reset_mistranslation _whodunit)

Hacksaw
03-10-2009, 06:50 PM
:DSaw the news clip this AM...

Sad is one term, others also jump to mind... amateur-ish, sophmoric, goofy

When life gives you inexperience, inept statescraft... invest in comedy channel

AlexTX ret
05-22-2009, 11:05 AM
There are two places that you need experienced personel. State and the intelligence services. As world opinion grows to mean more to us each day, we should of had a person with diplomatic experience fill the post. However, not a career diplomat (or a career politician) for after the travesty of the last presidencies, we need to give the world a new persective on what America is about.

However, the image of a clown is not a good thing. Yea, right, I hope that we never see Bozo take the place of Uncle Sam. Though after the last adminstration, Bozo seems over used. :o

Schmedlap
05-22-2009, 01:50 PM
As world opinion grows to mean more to us each day, we should of had a person with diplomatic experience fill the post.

But she was almost President. Surely she is ideal for a mere cabinet post. After all, her husband was President. Makes perfect sense to me. By the same rationale, if I needed heart surgery, but the heart surgeon retired, I'd feel perfectly comfortable having his wife do the operation. I'm sure he'd give her advice if it looked like she needed to grow into the job.:rolleyes: