PDA

View Full Version : Rule 308

SWJED
04-27-2006, 08:24 AM
24 April post by Major P at the Rule 308 blog - Two Years Ago Today, In Fallujah (http://rule308.blogspot.com/2006/04/two-years-ago-today-in-fallujah.html).

I am technically a MilBlogger, but those few of you who do visit this site will know that I don’t have much military stuff so far. The reason is that I’m prevented from posting much about the things I’m working on because of FOUO—For Official use Only—policies or security classifications. I made some mention a few weeks ago about Det One, and I will have more to post on them at a later date.

So, I started thinking about how I had such great stuff from my own brief time in Iraq, but at the time I didn’t have a blog. By sheer coincidence I was looking through my official journal for the period, and found this (now slightly edited) post for 24 April 2004. I think it pretty well captures daily life in the so-called “cease-fire” during the first battle of Fallujah. I include it here as a salute to what was a horrific fight that the Marines on the ground were prevented from winning by powers high up in the chain of command, and as a contrast to how Fallujah is doing today...