PDA

View Full Version : FM 5-0 (Revised Final Draft-2) Out For Staffing

Mike Flynn
10-09-2009, 04:12 PM
The Combined Arms Doctrine Directorate (CADD) released FM 5-0 (Revised Final Draft-2), The Operations Process, for staffing. Comments are due back to CADD by 13 Nov 09. This final review is vital to the effort to publish the field manual by March 2010.

The draft manual and associated information paper and briefing are located on the Combined Arms Center's FM 5-0 Home Page (http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/fm50/)

This version of FM 5-0 expands the scope of the manual over previous versions from a manual exclusively concerning planning and orders production to a manual that now addresses all activities of the operations process: planning, preparing, executing, and assessing. It describes how commanders, with support from their staffs, drive the operations process through battle command—the art and science of understanding, visualizing, describing, directing, leading, and assessing operations to accomplish missions.

In addition, FM 5-0 incorporates design within the operations process. Design is an approach to critical and creative thinking to understand, visualize, and describe complex, ill-structured problems and develop approaches to manage or solve them.

marct
10-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Well, I would comment on it but I don't have an AKO login. Too bad.

goodeg
02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
No log in to AKO required

marct
02-03-2010, 07:43 PM
No log in to AKO required

Unfortunately, you still need one to get the actual draft :wry:. In general, I really prefer reading a document to reading about one ;).

Cheers,

Marc