Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Info, Cyber and Disinformation (Jan-June 2017).

Council Member

"I graduated with a degree in philosophy and didn’t know where to turn." So s/he joined a Russian troll factory.
    https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/...n-troll-57754#

Another Kremlin troll factory whistleblower: apparently workforce being cut back to only include true believers.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-18-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Council Member

How the Kremlin uses #Russia’s criminal networks in Europe | by @markgaleotti
    http://buff.ly/2pP343g

Council Member

TASS breaks the news about evidence found of USA meddling in Russian 2016 election.
    https://twitter.com/VVP2_0/status/854318898103169024#
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-18-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    Many Americans would be surprised that an American citizen residing in first California and now Moscow is behind the drive to separate California from the US...he even opened a so called Yes California Moscow embassy there....

.@YesCalifornia's leader worked for Bernie, voted for Trump and will resettle in Russia.

Amazing how one man ties it together.
    Citing Russophobia and his Russian wife finally securing a green card, the head of the California separatist movement calls it quits.

Leader of #CalExit secession from US exits US permanently, for a more welcoming home for separatists–#Russia

http://www.yescalifornia.org/louis_m...ell_statement#
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-18-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Council Member

Russian Math Instructor Faces Criminal Charges for Online Posts He Says He Didn’t Write · Global Voices
    https://globalvoices.org/2017/04/18/...-didnt-write/#

Just as @tvrain reports on Kremlin campaign vs Navalny, website releases hitjob against his anticorruption org
    https://linforusse.wordpress.com/201...h-on-navalny/#
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-18-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Council Member

IoT malware clashes in a botnet territory battle
    http://www.cio.com/article/3190179/s...y-battle.html#
    … via @CIOonline

Council Member

Default To Outlaw 09 RE: Russian Information Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09
    So a [sic] organizational social media campaign started by the white nationalist IE neo Nazi side months before this specific demo pushed by several well known twitter accounts pushing for a violet clash does not qualify somehow .....arguing that "the other side was violent too"...does not cover up the simple fact it was neo Nazi organized and led......

Also the same exact players were involved in the DEC BLM demo that turned to violence.....

Notice the trend...

BUT you ignored the way it then was played in European/US MSM...."a proTrump demonstration attacked by anti Trump protesters"....not a single mention anywhere of the neo Nazi element was there?

I find it interesting that right now on any given day virtually any of the well known white nationalist or white supremacist social media or blogsites carry at least one conspiracy myth started out of the Russian bot net and further pushed via RT or Sputnik.....then ending up in either Infowars and or Breitbart.com

And you do not find that "interesting"??
    I find it off-topic.

For the record, Antifa and BAMN rioters arrived at the demonstration to commit violence and did so. Whereas in Europe, it is typically a one-sided affair when the “black bloc” lashes out, at Berkeley, they met their opposite numbers. The full video clip of Damigo punching the rioter clearly shows that she delivered an ineffective short-hand to his chest before he slugged her with a stiff right-punch to the jaw. To paraphrase Mercutio: “a plague on both their houses”.

While organized skinhead violence in the U.S. is concerning to you now, where have you been when “anti-Trump” rioters ran amok following the election?

As for the Kremlin, it will support whatever it feels like. Its support did not make the anti-Vietnam War or anti-nuclear weapons movements any less genuine during the Cold War, and it certainly does not diminish the aspirations of Western peoples to protect their sovereignty from supranational institutions, control their borders and undo the official multiculturalism and political correctness ideologies that have disrupted social cohesion.

Council Member

To all readers of this thread….

I have been reading SWJ since 2004 when I first became aware of it…and I have since then contributed a few articles to it as well as FP…

But since the Russian military annexation of Crimea…their unleashing of non linear warfare with cyber and information warfare as it’s core and then their military invasion of Ukraine and their adventure into Syria in the name to defeat IS which we all know is a farce……

During the last two years I have posted roughly 30,000 posts on these two areas and then starting posting more and more information on Russian infor and cyber warfare.

Alone on the Ukrainian thread Views have in the last two years climbed to over 980,000 …the Syrian thread climbed in the same time to over 360,000. I also noted that in the last two months the Russian disinformation and hacking has climbed over 8,000 Views.

While it is hard to see if readers were looking/researching or just skimming through I am happy that they “viewed” anything as I have seen that basically a lot of what I posted never did make it into US MSM or if it did…then days later.

During this process I have learned the value of social media OSINT and the ability of conducting excellent information warfare using social media….and took pains to show how Russian info warfare was being conducted both in Ukraine and Syria….and developed along the way a working relationship with @bellingcat one of the best social media OSINT types going these days..actually produces better quality open reporting than anything I have previously seen in the IC which also uses OSINT...

Along the way I have bashed the Obama WH for basically changing the entire ME in the desire to tilt fully to Iran and for their apparent lack of a solid strategic strategy on virtually anything…and they walked away from engaging in the Ukraine…..the Obama WH was great smoke and mirrors machine and the US MSM never really challenged that…

We then transitioned to the Trump WH….and suddenly and truly we are seeing for the first time the somehat serious political theory of “Wag the Dog” in it’s full glory being applied to cover up for a total lack of any strategy on anything other than “tweets” being used as a FP……using "on a whim and a prayer" as FP....

I learned a long time ago after VN if one does not ever speak truth to power things get worse….and in my work career that was a principle I held to which cost me sometimes, but I always learned even then you in fact move forward…because some along the way respected that.

The posting has led me to fully “see” and “understand” the intertwining of a lack of US FP built on well thought through strategies and allowed me to see at the same the interesting development of the Russian non linear warfare which is pushing their political war with the US….and they do view it as an actual war…somehow we do not…

BTW I have posted many comments on this concept of “seeing” and “understanding” something that drives me in all these years as I learned long ago ground reality “does talk to you..if you are willing to listen”….

After being recently chastised and sidelined for three days “for being on a soap box” that not many were willing to actually share…..even though reading and then responding by cut and pasting comments….I have decided it is now a good time to withdraw from SWC…it has been a great ride , the knowledge I gained in the postings has flowed into my company in a far different way than I even imagined and is openly up a startling new realm in integrating hacking defense with customers demanding now how to counter the everyday info war they are in….

It has been one heck of a long ride and I really enjoyed it…will comment on occasions if an article interests me…….

The killing in eastern Ukraine and Syria will just continue until someone stands up in the US and truly leads….and leads not by tweets….but by the realization of what Putin’s geo political goals really are guided by a strategic strategy...finally.....

Based on evidence I have had the opportunity to be shown/review the person tweeting might not be in office much longer IF treason counts for anything these days in the US…
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-22-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Council Member

AND if readers of this thread have not learned at least the following....Russian propaganda is no different than what the current US President is doing.....with his tweeting and then lack of clarification of what he tweeted......

The White House insists Trump is not trying to tilt outcome of #frenchelection after #ParisAttack.
    http://tinyurl.com/kjb2nmu

Donald J. Trump‏
    Verified account
    #@realDonaldTrump
    Another terrorist attack in Paris. The people of France will not take much more of this. Will have a big effect on presidential election!

NO US President prior to Trump ever used twitter to impact anything ....ALL previous Presidents have basically refrained from commenting on the internal elections of other countries.....

It has been the white nationalist Bannon and Trump who have repeatedly talked about the demise of EU after Brexit....they both in theory stated that Holland would go the way of UK followed by France......will be more than happy to provide the links to their statements....

AND this WH attempts to then deflect that Trump actually was supporting a French anti-Semitic white nationalist with a neo Nazi father...who wants to destroy NATO and walk away from EU and the Euro...as her stated goals....

WHICH actually are the same goals as Bannon and Trump....

EUobserver

@euobs
    [Investigation] Le Pen and Putin friendship goes back a long way
    https://euobserver.com/elections/137629#

BTW...all her past meetings with Putin have always been held under tight secrecy.....and she recently stated she had not met him the last time she was in Moscow...but then social media did in fact prove she and then she attempted to lie further about the so called "non meeting"....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-22-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Council Member

AND if readers of this thread have not learned at least the following....Russian propaganda is no different than what the current US President is doing.....with his tweeting and then lack of clarification of what he tweeted......

The White House insists Trump is not trying to tilt outcome of #frenchelection after #ParisAttack.
    http://tinyurl.com/kjb2nmu

Donald J. Trump‏
    Verified account
    #@realDonaldTrump
    Another terrorist attack in Paris. The people of France will not take much more of this. Will have a big effect on presidential election!

NO US President prior to Trump ever used twitter to impact anything ....ALL previous Presidents have basically refrained from commenting on the internal elections of other countries.....

It has been the white nationalist Bannon and Trump who have repeatedly talked about the demise of EU after Brexit....they both in theory stated that Holland would go the way of UK followed by France......will be more than happy to provide the links to their statements....

AND this WH attempts to then deflect that Trump actually was supporting a French anti-Semitic white nationalist with a neo Nazi father...who wants to destroy NATO and walk away from EU and the Euro...as her stated goals....

WHICH actually are the same goals as Bannon and Trump....

EUobserver

@euobs
    [Investigation] Le Pen and Putin friendship goes back a long way
    https://euobserver.com/elections/137629#

BTW...all her past meetings with Putin have always been held under tight secrecy.....and she recently stated she had not met him the last time she was in Moscow...but then social media did in fact prove she and then she attempted to lie further about the so called "non meeting"....
    This white nationalist US President cannot simply keep his mouth shut especially when it comes to European affairs when he cannot get a single thing passed in Congress and the government will shut down on the 28th...

Claiming to know anything about France and French politics when he has not read a single book...watches only ultra right/right wing social media and cannot put a complete sentence together and cannot spell when typing his own tweets says everything...

Speaking to the Associated Press, Trump called Le Pen the “strongest on borders, and she’s the strongest on what’s been going on in France.”

Trump told the AP he was not making a formal endorsement ahead of Sunday’s vote in France, expected to produce two finalists for a May 7 runoff vote to replace outgoing President Francois Hollande.
    But the comments reignited alarms in Europe and the U.S. about Trump’s commitment to the continent’s key institutions—including the European Union and the NATO alliance—after several weeks of reassuring signals from Trump and his top officials.
    They followed a Friday morning tweet in which Trump said that a Thursday shooting on Paris’s Champs Elysees, believed to be an act of terrorism, would "have a big effect” on the country's election.
    Trump and his WH merry white nationalist band of brothers in Miller and Bannon have been exceptionally quiet but it appears they are coming out again....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-22-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Default Moderator at work

Eight posted warnings about Malware etc by Outlaw09 have been moved to a separate thread 'Malware & other nasty IT / cyber things' as they refer to matters beyond this thread's focus. Link:http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/...ad.php?t=25325
    davidbfpo

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    True in many cases, not all. However, that gets to my point about security forces being the COG versus a competitive idea or ideology. If the autocratic government is unpopular, then its center of gravity is arguably their control of their security forces. Severing the relationship is not sufficient, the opponent of the autocrat (whether internal or external to the country) still needs to generate a mass movement.

KJU in DPRK is an extreme case, where many people seemly believe the rest of the world lives in the same condition and KJU is truly the anointed one. However, more information getting in via business contacts, balloons, DVDs, etc. may develop cracks that can be exploited. If messaging from outside via the U.S., China, or South Korea promises a degree of economic and safety status quo to the security forces then a regime change is possible, but it will still be an autocratic government, but maybe one willing to work with the rest of the world?

Just throwing ideas out, the topic of PW fascinates me, and the Russians actually think we're quite good at it, even if we don't agree
    Bill...the Russians think we are good at it because we are good at it....what Putin refers to often as neo liberalism of the US focuses on our "soft power" which expresses itself in the economic power of our business model...control of IMF..control over the G7 and G20 mechanisms and actually they view the US as controlling even WTO...virtually all recent global free trade agreements which if one really looks at them ...locks out Russia even though it only is a two product country...oil and gas....and even there they would argue the US has a large hand over the actions of OPEC...now with US shale oil pressuring decisions made by OPEC and the non OPEC members........or what happens to oil pricing if the US even slightly threatens to open the US strategic oil reserves and sell off just 4% of those reserves....

One could actually argue that all the Trump rhetoric on the US being badly treated in trade deals is a farce designed to gain an economic advantage on bilateral trade talks as Trump and his WH are somehow afraid that they are not good at multilateral talks...or at least that is exactly what the Chinese and EU feel is behind the rhetoric.....if one really looks at the US proposed positions on TTP and TTIP...they were far more interested in driving strong protection for/tariff free movement of US financial services and high tech than say selling corn and beef...and other manufactured US products...why is that?...that is where the strength of the US "soft power" lies....

Putin is just modernizing the Communist rhetoric directed at those institutions during the Cold War....

AND then they will point at the ultimate US economic nuclear power ie SWIFT....this is exactly why Obama ever so quietly "allowed two Russians to be placed onto the SWIFT board"....to alleviate those Russian specific complaints....and attempted to use this to leverage direct discussions over Ukraine...which were driven by Nuland and Kerry and in the end failed.....why because Putin got what he wanted...membership positions in SWIFT...thus he no longer needed to discuss anything.

This is exactly why in their non linear doctrine they focus on what their current strengths are 1) cyber warfare and 2) information warfare.....for Putin the economic "soft power" of Russia is in it's "black money" via money laundering...at any given time 20B to an estimated 4T USDs are on the move illegally....if you look at all sudden positon shifts of those in the West who first were against anything Russian then suddenly proRussian...it has the "signs" of large amounts of money changing hands either legally or illegally.....

This comes from a recent article from a government insider who is considered to be a true SME on cyber warfare.....

Cybersecurity relies on a partnership between the public and private sectors. Private industry is attacked as often as government, and must therefore invest in robust cybersecurity technology, software and personnel. The government has been deficient in cyber defense and needs to invest similarly. Both public and private must coordinate cyber efforts and share threat information among a defense community.

The uphill battle for individuals and the business community is still awareness — I’m shocked that the very high profile attacks on the DNC and Clinton campaign, the extraordinary amount of ransomware attacks and the high profile government breaches haven’t brought home the very present threat to a more general public.

I fear that the message won’t hit home for most people until a cyber attack rises to the level of a kinetic attack. At some point attackers will successfully target our critical infrastructure — once the lights are out for a significant period of time, cybersecurity will be taken more seriously, but the hope is that we can begin to wake up before then
    Notice the use of the term kinetic attack...

While TC discusses the concept of war....we are already at war ...and if one really reads Russian non linear warfare used as the mechanism to drive Russian political warfare they attempt to keep the "kinetic" one step below actual warfare......until it is to late to even respond at the kinetic level.

While the CIA and NSA coupled with recent FBI actions are fighting a "strategic cyber defense" we do no yet see a clear and concise strategy coming out of either the Obama and now Trump WH......

Remember we are still awaiting that Trump promised 90 day cyber defense study and an action plan from him and Giuliana...and we are long after the 90th day..

Yet the Russian cyber and information war against the US continues unabated.....and Trump just tweets about a 90 day plan.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-24-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Council Member

Come on Outlaw, you have bee letting your biases get ahold since Trump has been elected. This is just another example:

Remember we are still awaiting that Trump promised 90 day cyber defense study and an action plan from him and Giuliana...and we are long after the 90th day..
    It isn't two weeks past the 90th day, and if it is done within 2 months of the stated due date, that is good speed for government. At least try to be objective and focus on the facts, not the subjective focus on emotional responses to everything someone tweets.

Regan, Clinton, Bush Jr., and Obama all failed to meet their first 100 day agenda. You can't get squat done in D.C. in 90 days, it was simply politically rhetoric to get elected. No one should be surprised to hear politicians aren't exactly the most honest people in the world.

Now back to Political Warfare, which may be playing out in subtle ways in France at the moment if an external hand is at play.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    Come on Outlaw, you have bee letting your biases get ahold since Trump has been elected. This is just another example:

It isn't two weeks past the 90th day, and if it is done within 2 months of the stated due date, that is good speed for government. At least try to be objective and focus on the facts, not the subjective focus on emotional responses to everything someone tweets.

Regan, Clinton, Bush Jr., and Obama all failed to meet their first 100 day agenda. You can't get squat done in D.C. in 90 days, it was simply politically rhetoric to get elected. No one should be surprised to hear politicians aren't exactly the most honest people in the world.

Now back to Political Warfare, which may be playing out in subtle ways in France at the moment if an external hand is at play.
    BUT the core answer to Russian political warfare which is definitely being directed right now at this very moment the US ...I could show you if you were in Berlin an attack ongoing since early morning US time against a power grid in the US coming out of deep Russia via four different cutouts....which is successfully being deflected from here and out of Europe BTW not the US.

This is the real world of kinetic activity that the previous quote refers to....and that is daily now...and silence out of Trump WH...

I have my biases and it is one of having the earned right to those biases when it comes to the defense of democracy.....and if I recall correctly I warned about Trump being elected. I took and still take the sentence in the oath....defend against domestic and foreign enemies seriously..

I like that I no longer have to ask permission to respond....as I own the response and it is my decision....

We spent the last week basically blocking Russian control servers handling a massive botnet which was supporting Le Pen on the info war front...so yes there was a hardcore hand at work....and no support came out of the US for these efforts....

So on the European populist front....Wilders blocked in the Netherlands...Le Pen down 26 points and will not make it....Austrian FPO lost even though winning first time around...German AfD down in polls to 7% from a high of 14% and going even more far right since yesterday.....

Europe is doing a rather good job of pushing back on the far right populism and the US response has been?

BTW...26 US proTrump twitter accounts were identified by us as being involved in this active Russian influence operations botnet effort....which had supported Trump in his campaign and now are suddenly "involved in France"???

We tracked a series of Russian started comments into the US and then suddenly watched them being picked up by these US proTrump accounts and fired back into France...coincidence...hardly....

Is it not strange that the majority of efforts to track/stop Russian influence ops with their fake news and fake/info war social media messaging comes out of Europe and not the US.....why is that?

Why is it that the democracies of Europe are far more involved in this "kinetic fight" than the democracy of the US?

This goes BTW to your political warfare thoughts...and not carried much in the US MSM was it?

They generate black cash for black ops; they carry out assassinations.
    They smuggle weapons; they carry out cyberattacks.
    And they run all sorts of errands the Kremlin wants to keep its fingerprints off.
    Meet Russia's nationalized and weaponized organized crime syndicates -- a deadly tool of statecraft for a highly criminalized state.
    On this week's Power Vertical Podcast, we discuss co-host Mark Galeotti's new report for the European Council on Foreign Relations: Crimintern: How The Kremlin Uses Russia's Criminal Networks In Europe.
    http://www.ecfr.eu/publications/summ...orks_in_europe

Quoted in the article..by a Russian criminal who claimed to have quit in 2016...

"In Russia we have power and safety...in Europe we have wealth and comfort"...

BTW here is a chart of some of those proTrump accounts supporting actively this week Le Pen.....up through mid day yesterday French time...

So explain to me why a GOP Tennessee twitter account under Ten_GOP is supporting a far right anti Semitic nationalist French political party which has nothing to do with US politics?

BTW...this twitter account had been relatively "quiet" then suddenly spiked in tweet numbers starting the morning time for Paris...coincidence?

Or were they just out there supporting Trumps' own Le Pen tweet?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-24-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Council Member

BUT the core answer to Russian political warfare which is definitely being directed right now at this very moment the US ...I could show you if you were in Berlin an attack ongoing since early morning US time against a power grid in the US coming out of deep Russia via four different cutouts....which is successfully being deflected from here and out of Europe BTW not the US.

This is the real world of kinetic activity that the previous quote refers to....and that is daily now...and silence out of Trump WH...

I have my biases and it is one of having the earned right to those biases when it comes to the defense of democracy.....and if I recall correctly I warned about Trump being elected. I took and still take the sentence in the oath....defend against domestic and foreign enemies seriously..

I like that I no longer have to ask permission to respond....as I own the response and it is my decision....

We spent the last week basically blocking Russian control servers handling a massive botnet which was supporting Le Pen on the info war front...so yes there was a hardcore hand at work....and no support came out of the US for these efforts....

So on the European populist front....Wilders blocked in the Netherlands...Le Pen down 26 points and will not make it....Austrian FPO lost even though winning first time around...German AfD down in polls to 7% from a high of 14% and going even more far right since yesterday.....

Europe is doing a rather good job of pushing back on the far right populism and the US response has been?

BTW...26 US proTrump twitter accounts were identified by us as being involved in this active Russian influence operations botnet effort....which had supported Trump in his campaign and now are suddenly "involved in France"???

We tracked a series of Russian started comments into the US and then suddenly watched them being picked up by these US proTrump accounts and fired back into France...coincidence...hardly....

Is it not strange that the majority of efforts to track/stop Russian influence ops with their fake news and fake/info war social media messaging comes out of Europe and not the US.....why is that?

Why is it that the democracies of Europe are far more involved in this "kinetic fight" than the democracy of the US?

This goes BTW to your political warfare thoughts...and not carried much in the US MSM was it?

They generate black cash for black ops; they carry out assassinations.
    They smuggle weapons; they carry out cyberattacks.
    And they run all sorts of errands the Kremlin wants to keep its fingerprints off.
    Meet Russia's nationalized and weaponized organized crime syndicates -- a deadly tool of statecraft for a highly criminalized state.
    On this week's Power Vertical Podcast, we discuss co-host Mark Galeotti's new report for the European Council on Foreign Relations: Crimintern: How The Kremlin Uses Russia's Criminal Networks In Europe.
    http://www.ecfr.eu/publications/summ...orks_in_europe

Quoted in the article..by a Russian criminal who claimed to have quit in 2016...

"In Russia we have power and safety...in Europe we have wealth and comfort"...

BTW here is a chart of some of those proTrump accounts supporting actively this week Le Pen.....up through mid day yesterday French time...

So explain to me why a GOP Tennessee twitter account under Ten_GOP is supporting a far right anti Semitic nationalist French political party which has nothing to do with US politics?

BTW...this twitter account had been relatively "quiet" then suddenly spiked in tweet numbers starting the morning time for Paris...coincidence?

Or were they just out there supporting Trumps' own Le Pen tweet?
    Bill...in the cyber/info war front we are already at least in Europe in the kinetic trenches and it is getting worse by the day and out of the US total silence.....

If you took the time as we do to analyze twitter accounts then the info war being driven by proTrump twitter accounts needs some serious thoughts tied around them....

Who owns them..what is the messaging intent and who is driving that intent is just a few of the basic 5Ws and 1H.....but it is not being asked.

Check the previously posted chart and notice the proTrump accounts Ten_GOP....Basedmonitored and then take a look as we did to their twitter activities the day before the French elections and on the day of the elections...

You will notice a sudden distinct spike in twitter numbers in outbound messages up from a rather quiet period before the election ...if one is an twitter analyst this is an indicator of a controlled account....because the volume is to high for a personal to type them out...

Then and this is the key....MLP_Officiel is the official Le Pen account who then took these US inbound tweets and retweeted them giving her account followers the distinct feel that she had massive support from proTrump accounts.....

Then if you read through both US accounts you will notice the following account being often shown.....
    Mike Cernovich #
    Verified account
    #@Cernovich 14h
    14 hours ago
    Every single mainstream media article on the French elections has to put "far-right" before Marine Le Pen. Almost seems coordinated.

Cernovich has been tied to the twitter account #syrianhoax which pushed countless tweets about the rebels being behind the Syrian sarin attack...was constantly pushing Russian tweets as his own and which actually many twitter analysts named as leading the Russian disinformation tweet campaign on the sarin attack in the US.

Then Cernovich's #Syrianhoax tweets are picked up and pushed by an alt right white nationalist site run by Alex Jones called Infowars WHICH Trump has admitted to often reading...

Now convince me we are not a ongoing brutal trench warfare kinetic fight....on the cyber and info warfare side....

Still stand by my biases....

Council Member

Bill...this is the current "war on the invisible front"...a GDR Stasi term.....

In German...who is behind the PR millions being spent on the ultra right German AfD ..Posters coming via a Swiss PR firm and the IP addresses of the computer hacking machines that attacked the researcher for this article came strangely from St. Petersburg....Rostov on Don....Kasan...and Jekaterinburg ALL in Russia.

Wer steckt hinter dem Verein, der Werbung für die AfD macht? Spuren fhren ins Ausland.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/i...-14983480.html

Out of that article is now a hunt on for information concerning a ultra right organization with the name of which no one seems to know anything about who funds them since they only have two members in the EU Parliment.........although the EU funds would not cover such a large scale operation.

"Foundation for a Europe of Nations and Freedom"......
    http://www.fenl.eu/

The Foundation for a Europe of Nations and Freedom is a Foundation at European level composed of national parties and individuals as members and which is represented in several Member States as France, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Poland, Romania, United Kingdom.

Our members are convinced that the sovereignty of states and peoples, relying on the cooperation between nations, and therefore reject any policy designed to create a supra-state or supra-national model. The opposition to any transfer of national sovereignty to supranational bodies and/or European institutions is one of the fundamental principles uniting members of the Foundation.
    European ultra right parties that are members of this "Club"......

Vlaams Belang (Flemish Interest) is a long time ally of Front National, FPÖ and Lega Nord and was from the beginning partner of the pre-group that Marine Le Pen formed after the last European election. Vlaams Belang is a Flemish independentist and right wing party that acts in line withe the importance of the national identity concept and operates in the Northern Dutch speaking part of Belgium

Northern League for the Independence of Padania
    Founded on December 4th 1989 from the merger of several regional autonomist movements in northern Italy, with the main political aim to make Italy a federal State. In this respect, in 2006 it was able to make a constitutional reform approved by the Parliament, unfortunately rejected in the subsequent referendum in all Regions but Lombardy and Veneto.

Le Pen's The Front National aims to gather the Nation to defend its sovereignty, protect its integrity and to promote its historic values of civilization. Acting in strict compliance with the principles of freedom and democracy, we want to restore the Nation and its greatness by the application of republican laws and the establishment of a community of justice and solidarity. Attached to equality in law for all French citizens, without distinction of their origin, race or religion, the Front National defends national sovereignty and independence of the Nation.

The Austrian FPÖ sees itself as a social and patriotic movement and as an ideological representative of the political camp of German national and national liberal voters. The party is strongly associated with the legacy of the national-liberal ideas of the bourgeois-democratic revolution of 1848. The FPÖ is committed, in particular, to the protection of our cultural identity and the freedom of citizens in a constitutional state. The party also takes a stand for the traditional family and for the preservation of Austrian interests.

In considering the policy towards Europe, the FPÖ favours a Europe of historically evolved peoples and indigenous ethnic groups and rejects any form of forced multiculturalism, globalisation, centralisation and mass immigration.

So why would Russian hackers attack a server of a German researcher who publishes information on this group and their ties to the ultra right German AfD?

The deeper we dug on the research side on the Russian IP addresses and who they were talking to..the browner it became...all tied somehow back to Russian servers...
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-24-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Council Member

Again this goes to the heart of my argument...just how can this President even think of a Russian counter cyber/informational warfare strategy??

Honestly can he even spell cyber correcty?

Trump boasts of highest TV ratings since ‘the World Trade Center came down’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.abf5eae8144c

Donald Trump has long been television ratings gold, and, even as president, he has kept his eye squarely on the small screen as a gauge of his popularity, a barometer for his governing agenda and his ability to dominate the airwaves, as The Washington Post's Ashley Parker and Robert Costa reported Monday.

Now, in an interview with the Associated Press released Sunday, Trump set a new standard of hubris even for himself — comparing his ratings prowess to one of the darkest days in U.S. history: Sept. 11, 2001.

“It's the highest for 'Face the Nation' or as I call it, 'Deface the Nation,' " Trump told the AP's Julie Pace, referring to the CBS News Sunday political talk show. “It's the highest for 'Deface the Nation' since the World Trade Center — since the World Trade Center came down.”

Trump said he helped the CBS Sunday morning political talk show score 5.2 million viewers, although it was not clear which appearance he was referring to. Trump's appearance in January 2016 registered 4.6 million viewers, according to TV Newser. His subsequent appearances on “Face the Nation” during the campaign last year got lower ratings, including after a Republican primary debate in February 2016.

As a New York real estate promoter, Trump certainly would have had a unique perspective on the al-Qaeda terrorist attacks on the twin towers. But his choice of using that moment, considered one of the most-filmed events in history at a time of emerging technology, as a measuring stick could strike many as tin-eared and inappropriate.

Trump made the comparison during a long, boastful interview in which he touted his ability to bring viewers. He said he scored 9.2 million viewers on Fox News when he spoke to anchor Chris Wallace last fall.

“It had 9.2 million people,” Trump said. “It's the highest they've ever had.”

At the same time, Trump used the opportunity to denounce, as he has repeatedly, the press corps again as “fake media” that treats him “very unfairly.” Trump, who has elected to skip the White House correspondents' dinner Saturday, has announced that he will hold a campaign rally in Harrisburg, Pa., to mark his 100th day in office on the same evening, in a bit of counterprogramming.

Some of the media, Trump said, “bears no relationship to the truth.”

Still, the president can't quite quit the mainstream press that he has so long been obsessed with. The White House announced that Trump will grant an exclusive interview to “Face the Nation” host John Dickerson to mark his 100th day, set to air this weekend.

Council Member

Bill...in the cyber/info war front we are already at least in Europe in the kinetic trenches and it is getting worse by the day and out of the US total silence.....

If you took the time as we do to analyze twitter accounts then the info war being driven by proTrump twitter accounts needs some serious thoughts tied around them....

Who owns them..what is the messaging intent and who is driving that intent is just a few of the basic 5Ws and 1H.....but it is not being asked.

Check the previously posted chart and notice the proTrump accounts Ten_GOP....Basedmonitored and then take a look as we did to their twitter activities the day before the French elections and on the day of the elections...

You will notice a sudden distinct spike in twitter numbers in outbound messages up from a rather quiet period before the election ...if one is an twitter analyst this is an indicator of a controlled account....because the volume is to high for a personal to type them out...

Then and this is the key....MLP_Officiel is the official Le Pen account who then took these US inbound tweets and retweeted them giving her account followers the distinct feel that she had massive support from proTrump accounts.....

Then if you read through both US accounts you will notice the following account being often shown.....
    Mike Cernovich #
    Verified account
    #@Cernovich 14h
    14 hours ago
    Every single mainstream media article on the French elections has to put "far-right" before Marine Le Pen. Almost seems coordinated.

Cernovich has been tied to the twitter account #syrianhoax which pushed countless tweets about the rebels being behind the Syrian sarin attack...was constantly pushing Russian tweets as his own and which actually many twitter analysts named as leading the Russian disinformation tweet campaign on the sarin attack in the US.

Then Cernovich's #Syrianhoax tweets are picked up and pushed by an alt right white nationalist site run by Alex Jones called Infowars WHICH Trump has admitted to often reading...

Now convince me we are not a ongoing brutal trench warfare kinetic fight....on the cyber and info warfare side....

Still stand by my biases....
    Current activity of @Basedmonitored is off the charts again today

USERS

REACH

IMPRESSIONS

Timeframe
    12am 22 APR to 12am 24 APR

Key stats are REACH and IMPRESSIONS

Most active retweeter of this account is the following account which is a well known Russian troll....active for the last two years
    He started just right after the Crimea annexation.

Paul Joseph Watson
    @PrisonPlanet

Here is his stats for just from 10am to now 6pm today

USERS

REACH

IMPRESSIONS

The key stats of his effectiveness are REACH and IMPRESSIONS....

So exactly what does an evidently solid US proTrump twitter account have to do with Le Pen and a well known Russian troll even though the troll is using a US persona...and based in Macedonia??
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-24-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Council Member

Bill..I said this morning that the Russians really do believe we the US are waging a non linear against them........

Nice to see that their TASS media outlet agrees with me.....
    http://tass.com/politics/942643

Kremlin advisor reveals 'cure for US aggression'
    Russian Politics & Diplomacy
    April 21, 19:22 UTC+3

Putin's advisor also believes that Donald Trump is just "doing what the ruling elite expects him to do"

YALTA, April 21. /TASS/. The only way to stop US aggression is to get rid of dollar addiction, a Kremlin advisor said on Friday.

"The more aggressive the Americans are, the sooner they will see the final collapse of the dollar and by getting rid of the dollar this would be the only way for victims of American aggression to stop this onslaught. As soon as we and China dump the dollar, it will be the end of the US’ military might," Sergey Glazyev said in an interview with TASS.
    Commenting on the policy of the new US president, Glazyev noted that Donald Trump is doing what the ruling elite expects him to do.

"I had no illusions about him, regarding any change in policy. First, America’s aggression around the world is rooted in its aspiration to preserve US hegemony when they have already yielded economic leadership to China," he said.

"The United States has no tools to make all others use the dollar other than a truncheon. That is why they are indulging in a hybrid war with the entire world to shift their debt burden on to other countries, to confine everyone to the dollar and weaken territories they cannot control."

"In this context, the anti-Russian hysteria and growing Russophobia can be seen as a long-term factor linked with the specific interests of the United States’ ruling elite," the Kremlin advisor said.

"In objective terms, they are conducting a global hybrid war and in subjective terms, this war is aimed at us. Moreover, as it always happens when a global leader is changed, the war is for control over rimland nations. During WWI and WWII, Britain acted as an instigator in a bid to keep its global leadership. Now the United States is doing the same. And Trump expresses these interests," he said.
    Fun fact: Glazev is a paid member of Malofeev's NGO. Malofeev bankrolled & tried to deliver coup in Montenegro. Extremely strong evidence held by Montenegro with them requesting an Interpol arrest warrant for Malofeev....

NOTE...Reuters recently reported that the USIC had two key documents from this Malofeev NGO that were the actual plans for the hacking and influence operations conducted by Russia against the US election adamently denied by Russian FM....and that they were signed off on by Putin....

Katehon 2nd member Glazev is a figure in #FrolovLeaks, commands active hybrid war branch frm Orthodox Church side against ukraine

Head of #Russian Institute of CIS Zatulin, in Jan 2013, writes a memo using terms "Sacred Crimea & Novorossiya"
    https://informnapalm.org/de/frolovle...kam-der-krieg/
    Only in German and or Russian

That memo, one year and one month prior to Crimean annexation, ends up on desk of Glazev, Putin advisor on developments in CIS.

Ukrainian Cyber Alliance (UCA) hacktivists shared with InformNapalm a massive data dump from the mailbox of Kirill Frolov, Vice-Director of the Institute for CIS Countries, spokesman of the Union of Orthodox Citizens and ROC expert....

Russian response was initially that it was all "fake" but in the end admitted he had been indeed hacked BUT by the CIA.....

https://informnapalm.org/en/frolovle...ine-episode-1/

https://informnapalm.org/en/frolovle...cs-episode-ii/

https://informnapalm.org/en/frolovle...ing-episode-3/

https://informnapalm.org/en/frolovle...ia-episode-iv/

https://informnapalm.org/31475-frolo...riot-epizod-v/
    Only in Russian and or Ukrainian

https://informnapalm.org/de/frolovle...kam-der-krieg/
    Only in German

NOTE...the UCA has also hacked into the email account of the Putin's personal adivsor to the Russian mercenaries in eastern Ukraine Surkov WHICH the US is now trying to open a back channel to by Trump's appointing of "WH special advisor" which does not need Congressional approval as a way to finally establish a back channel link between Putin and Trump.....

Again Russia claimed this hack was done after they first stated Surkov had no email account...by again the CIA.....they defintely were not about to admit UCA pulled it off....

Russian political warfare hard at work.....

BTW...it is extremley important to understand the Russian foreign spy service (SVR) chief who replaced Malefeev......and how he fits now into Russian political warfare.....as a mjaor player as he is very close to Putin....
    http://russia-insider.com/en/putin-a...ine-again/5433
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-24-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Council Member

Now one can see what some of us are actively and aggressively trying to fend off with the coming German general election......our efforts are aimed squarely at the Russia info war side of the house....BUT in that effort we find ourselves drawn straight into the proTrump social media front which is showing very strong ties to that Russian info war aimed at France right now and currently well underway since yesterday.........

When this election is over we will be publishing our findings on the depth of that proTrump social media support to Le Pen as a way to understand the depth and breath of the Russian info war against both US and Europe in general....and how many Americans are part and parcel of that effort.....based on their social media activities...

Macron Campaign Wards Off Hacking Attempts Linked to Russia

Presidential candidate’s campaign suffers multipronged phishing attack beginning in mid-March

http://www.wsj.com/articles/macron-c...54240?mod=e2tw

April 24, 2017 1:17 p.m. ET

PARIS—Hackers matching the profile of a pro-Kremlin Fancy Bear group have tried in recent weeks to access campaign email accounts of French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron, a cybersecurity firm said Monday, raising fears of election interference in the final two weeks of the France’s presidential campaign.
    Sound vagely familiar...it should...almost a carbon copy of the DNC hacking....with Wikileaks promising to release emails on Marcon..but then did nothing as they had nothing as the attacks failed because the French were forewarned....and waiting....

BUT WAIT.....
    Russian TV host Vladimir Soloviev is hopeful: "Terrorist attacks can still play a role in helping Le Pen... Two weeks is a long time."
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-24-2017 at 07:42 PM.