Page 31 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump impact on US policy

Council Member

John Bolton calls for rethinking One China policy, and stationing US military soldiers and assets in Taiwan!!!

Seems he missed also the latest Chinese warnings....

Council Member

Le Pen Claims Crimea Was "Never Ukrainian" And Joins Trump In Bashing Berlin
    http://www.interpretermag.com/day-1065/#15954

Council Member

Disturbing report on Trump’s National Security Adviser emerges on pro-Putin website
    http://thkpr.gs/494c57cbe831

BTW...this particular website is Russian funded....

On Monday night, Michael Flynn Jr. — son of and former chief of staff for President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn — tweeted out a story published on Voltaire Network entitled, “General Flynn’s Proposals to Reform Intelligence.”

The story, published last month with a Damascus dateline and authored by Thierry Meyssan — a 9/11 truther who published a book in 2002 entitled, “The Big Lie” — previews how Flynn plans to rollback “the big reforms that took place during the Bush and Obama years.”

Perhaps most significantly, the story says the “radical overhaul” Flynn is planning involves the elimination of the office of the Director of National Intelligence, an office created by President Bush in 2004, with power centralized under Flynn instead.

“The 16 agencies should no longer be accountable to the National Intelligence Director but only to the National Security Adviser,” Meyssan writes. “In other words, they will be accountable to General Flynn personally.”
    The story cites anonymous sources, which some informed observers believe include Flynn Jr. himself. Last month, CNN broke news that Flynn Jr. was working in an official capacity for the Trump transition team, but the Trump team quickly distanced themselves from him after Flynn Jr.’s social media posts amplifying unfounded conspiracy theories and racist memes came under scrutiny.

Flynn Sr. is an open Islamophobe who has close ties with Russia. In December 2015, he sat at the same table with Russian President Vladimir Putin at an event commemorating the 10th anniversary of Russia’s state-owned RT television network, an outlet described in the recently unclassified intelligence report about Russia’s manipulation of the presidential election as “the Kremlin’s principal international propaganda outlet.” Flynn gave remarks blasting President Obama and said he didn’t know whether the 2013 sarin gas attack in Syria widely thought to have been the responsibility of the Russia-backed Assad regime was a “false flag.”

Last week, the Washington Post’s David Ignatius, citing an unnamed “senior U.S. government official,” reported that on December 29 — the same day the Obama administration announced retaliatory measures in response to the election meddling — Flynn “phoned Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak several times.”

Subsequent reports indicate Flynn and Kislyak talked on the phone five times that day. By contrast, the Obama transition team didn’t talk to Kislyak a single time before Obama was sworn in.
    C-SPAN coverage mysteriously overtaken by Russia state televisionIn his most recent post on Gab, a social media platform that caters to white nationalists, Flynn Jr. struck a similarly anti-mainstream media tone, writing, “Im sick of these fake news media a$$holes pulling at strings, trying to pit Trumps cabinet against each other. Piece of advice, good number of his cabinet sat across from (in @GenFlynn case interrogated) members of Al Qaeda so nothing LSM can OR WILL EVER do to shake these TRUE PATRIOTS!!”

Voltaire Network has published a number of articles alleging the U.S. government was complicit in 9/11 and speculating about possible Israeli involvement as well. The site is also staunchly pro-Putin.

In October, Meyssan authored an article asserting that “Vladimir Putin is responsible for the rise and recovery of Russia” and conjectured that the Obama administration “imagines… that if Putin is eliminated, it may be possible to force Russia back down to the place it occupied 20 years ago.”

In recent weeks, Trump has repeatedly bashed reputable outlets like CNN as “FAKE NEWS” while linking to content from staunchly pro-Trump sites like One America News and LifeZette.
    Flynn Jr...lies as much as his father does....

“Im sick of these fake news media a$$holes pulling at strings, trying to pit Trumps cabinet against each other. Piece of advice, good number of his cabinet sat across from (in @GenFlynn case interrogated) members of Al Qaeda so nothing LSM can OR WILL EVER do to shake these TRUE PATRIOTS!!”
    IF Flynn ever conducted a single interrogation as a US General THEN he is in full violation of all Army guidance issued to only Army trained interrogators...civilian interrogators were also allowed but were usually previous military interrogators......

If he did conduct interrogations then he is liable for criminal charges...he should have known this after the Abu Ghraib problems....WHICH he did not participate in the "required training" in order to continue as an interrogator any where on Iraq and or AFG....

Tactical questioning he could in fact conduct and I think this what the son is talking about...BUT again restricted to a key set of questions and again AFTER specific training....AND yes Generals would if they were interrogators and or tactical questioners have to had taken the Army mandatory training...
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-17-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Council Member

Three work days till inauguration and still no DOD or State appointments below cabinet level.

Sign of behind-scenes infighting & gridlock?
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Council Member

EU Mythbusters

@EUvsDisinfo
    Pro-Kremlin outlets spread disinformation that #NATO is preparing for war with Russia. #DisinfoReview:
    https://euvsdisinfo.eu/a-masterclass...sinformation/#

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    Azor...this goes to the hear to what I have been saying to you since Steele released his reports.....in the HUMINT world if you react on "sole source" HUMINT then you have verified something that leads you to fully accept this report and believe me the US IC has verified some items that depict Trump Russian money ties thus compromised....

I have done it and I am not the US IC and I sit in Berlin but link analysis I can do well......BTW....will post more on the 19% Rosneft 12B USD deal that Page was involved with.....key fact buried in the Steele report that is turning out to be very valid....

NOTICE in this statement the words....."on that dossier's findings"......something in those "findings" hit oil and hard.....
    Forget dodgy dossier, ask yourself this: why would a Russian president go out of his way to defend honour/integrity of new US president?
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Council Member

National security scholars have called Donald #Trump the most pro-Russian candidate in modern American history.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...smile-n707566#

NOTICE the Trump reliance on Breitbart.com for his news yet he attacks CNN...WaPO...NYTs....and just about any US MSM that critiques him....
    Note the Breitbart link..."big journalism"...insecurity at every level.

Donald J. Trump
    Verified account
    ‏@realDonaldTrump
    "How Trump Won--And How The Media Missed It"

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...tening-voters/
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-17-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Council Member

Sputnik
    Verified account
    ‏@SputnikInt
    BREAKING: #Putin sees 'Maidan-style' attempts in US to delegitimize @realDonaldTrump
    http://sptnkne.ws/dreH#

So wait...If it's maidan style, is it also sponsored by foreign powers? Because if so...We're in agreement

This headline: "Putin does not believe @realDonaldTrump engaged with young women of inferior responsibility
    "
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Removal of photo which is superfluous

Council Member

Question to WH PressSec: "Putin likened US IC to prostitutes. How'd react?"
    Josh Earnest: "Interesting metaphor he chose..[pause for effect]
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Council Member

What Trump said on healthcare is like, "We're going to Mars without fuel, for the price of a popsicle stick -- NASA is figuring out details"

Refers to his statement..."we are throwing out Obamacare and everyone will have insurance coverage....they are almost finished with the plan...you will find out more later".....

HOW much later he did not specify....typical....
    Something's Missing from Republican Obamacare Replacement Plan–The Plan. Colbert on GOP's deadly "Repeal and Erase"
    http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...acare-repeal/#

Council Member

A telling tweet from an ardent Trump supporter......that she then deleted...

Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member

BUT Trump knows this already ........

Putin can end sanctions and end the war instantly: withdraw invading Russian troops from Crimea and Donbas. This has been true for 3 years.

Council Member

Nixon's lawyer John Dean on Trump: "He is going to test our democracy as it has never been tested."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...m_source=polfb

Sometime early last fall, John Dean says he began having nightmares about a Trump presidency. He would wake in the middle of the night, agitated and alarmed, struggling to calm his nerves. “I’m not somebody who remembers the details of dreams,” he told me in a recent phone call from his home in Los Angeles. “I just know that they were so bad that I’d force myself awake and out of bed just to get away from them.”
    Few people are more intimately acquainted than Dean with the consequences of an American presidency gone awry. As White House counsel under President Richard Nixon from 1970 to 1973, he was a key figure in the Watergate saga—participating in, and then helping to expose, the most iconic political scandal in modern U.S. history. In the decades since then, Dean has parlayed that resume line into something of a franchise, penning several books and countless columns on the theme of presidential abuses of power.

These days, he’s finding his subject matter more distressing than usual.
    “The American presidency has never been at the whims of an authoritarian personality like Donald Trump,” Dean, who is now 78, told me. “He is going to test our democracy as it has never been tested.”
    With Trump preparing to take the oath of office this week, some of his more imaginative critics foresee a Nixonian demise on the horizon—the corrupt commander-in-chief felled by his own hubris, forced out of office. But if prophesies of impeachment seem a tad dramatic, Dean’s own forecast for the next four years is arguably much grimmer. He is not only convinced that Trump will be worse than Nixon in virtually every way—he thinks he’ll probably get away with it.
    “I don’t think Richard Nixon even comes to close to the level of corruption we already know about Trump.”
    Dean’s near-panicked take on the incoming president is shaped in large part by his years in the Nixon White House. In Trump, Dean says he has observed many of his former boss’s most dangerous traits—obsessive vengefulness, reflexive dishonesty, all-consuming ambition—but none of Nixon’s redeeming qualities.
    “I used to have one-on-one conversations with [Nixon] where I’d see him checking his more authoritarian tendencies,” Dean recalled. “He’d say, ‘This is something I can’t say out loud...’ or, ‘That is something the president can’t do.’” To Dean, these moments suggested a functioning sense of shame in Nixon, something he was forced to wrestle with in his quest for power. Trump, by contrast, appears to Dean unmolested by any such struggle.

Unchecked, Dean worries, these neo-Nixonian instincts will only grow stronger once Trump enters the Oval Office—a place where every occupant since Nixon has found new ways to expand his authority and further his reach. “Barack Obama, like most presidents, did not dispose of any of the executive powers he inherited,” Dean said. “Hang on when Trump and his crew fully appreciate the extraordinary powers they will have—it is not only going to be thrilling, but dangerous.” (Dean, who now considers himself an independent, was also strongly critical of George W. Bush’s presidency.)
    Those hoping Trump’s presidency will end in a Watergate-style meltdown point to the litany of scandals-in-waiting that will follow him into office—from his alleged ties to Russia, to the potential conflicts of interest lurking in his vast business network. Dean agrees that “he’s carrying loads of potential problems into the White House with him,” and goes even further in his assessment: “I don’t think Richard Nixon even comes to close to the level of corruption we already know about Trump.”
    Yet, he’s profoundly pessimistic about the prospect of Trump facing any true accountability while in office. In the four decades since Nixon resigned, Dean says, the institutions that are meant to keep a president’s power in check—the press, Congress, even the courts—have been rendered increasingly weak and ineffectual by a sort of creeping partisan paralysis. (Imagine, if you dare, the Breitbart headlines that would follow Woodward and Bernstein’s first scoop if they were breaking their story today.)
    More broadly, Dean believes the American electorate has become desensitized to political scandal. In the years immediately following Watergate, he said, #politicians were on high alert, and so was the public. But since then, that culture of vigilance has so eroded that it’s nearly impossible now to envision a sin so grave, or a revelation so explosive, that it would lead to the ouster of a sitting president. “The Trump campaign is an interesting measure of how high the tolerance has gotten for a public figure’s misbehavior,” he said, citing the candidate’s now-infamous comments on the leaked Access Hollywood tape as just one example.

Continued....

Council Member

BREAKING AUDIO:Savage:Have u met Putin? Trump:Yes-1 time-a long time ago-Got along w/him great
    http://clyp.it/ijpsirbw

BREAKING - Gloria Allred: Accuser Will Sue Trump
    http://thebea.st/2iKAJub#

This was the result of the Trump sex comments video from 2005.....

Council Member

Breaking:Michael Cohen was main Trump contact for MMA fight in NYC w/Russian fighter/Putin's friend
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 08:03 PM. Reason: remove photo (minus any explanation or source)

Council Member

Trump needs to have his very own fact checker sitting next to him.....

"I wasn't even there..got up and left" << Fact check: arrived in Moscow Nov 8.
    This photo was taken Nov 11, 4 am

Azor....if he lies here he has lied in the past.....this is referencing the Hungarian model statements that you wiped away as fake.....NOTICE his witnesses are "rich people".....BUT not a single name does he name does he???

NOTICE he refers to Steele as an UK diplomat not a MI6 field agent speaking Russian and working in Moscow...
    BTW...still have not seen that letter he is referring to here......
    NOTICE the same individual...in both photos...

Photos:M-1 Global is also listed w/Michael Cohen-Owner pictured w/Putin in 1 and Trump
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Default Moderator at work

This thread is now way beyond the Forum's ToR. We are not a politics forum, that is covered by others. We are a Forum where members choose to engage in debate and exchanging information. This thread has developed way beyond that.

This part of the Forum is concerned with:
    National will and developments back home for the intervening nations.
    I have no doubt the allegations and more about the President-Elect may affect 'national will and developments'. Time will tell.

A number of recent posts with photos and black boxes do not help.

I have therefore closed this thread. Posts of a similar theme that appear elsewhere will be deleted.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 08:26 PM. Reason: 616 posts and 20,866 views since start.
    davidbfpo

Council Member

Azor..even you cannot state this has nothing to do with Russian non linear warfare against the US.....

CNN confirms Trump-Russia Grand Jury in Virginia. Comey hinted it at last week, that's why Trump fired him.

Why VA..there is the single FBI SCIF where classified materials can be read and listened to.....by a Federal Grand Jury....

You will notice in the Comey firing letter Trump mentions THREE times I thank you for telling me I am not being investigated.....

In fact a blatant lie as of last week Comey did not state such and indicated there was in fact an ongoing invesitgation of the Trump WH for Russian collusion.

SO really what is Trump trying to coverup??

IN all my years of watching US politics I have never seen such a statement by a former USG AG....Trump thinks the previous leaks have been bad..what comes now will be nasty and brutal.....

Eric Holder‏
    Verified account

@EricHolder

To the career men and women at DOJ/FBI: you know what the job entails and how to do it. Be strong and unafraid. Duty. Honor. Country.

And now DC law firms are lining up to offer FBI/DOJ personnel any assistance if they whistleblow......

And if you are inclined to blow the whistle, come to my law firm and we will make sure you do so legally and with protection

NOW Azor try to convince Gerasimov is not "winning"......BTW...this is what in the end "killed Nixon"....cannot believe Trump never read this...
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-10-2017 at 08:53 AM.

Council Member

This is what non linear warfare as a driving force behind an effective political war is all about......again Gerasimov is "winning" and smiling all the way to the bank....

This is a tense and uncertain time in the nation’s history. The president of the United States, who is no more above the law than any other citizen, has now decisively crippled the F.B.I.’s ability to carry out an investigation of him and his associates. There is no guarantee that Mr. Comey’s replacement, who will be chosen by Mr. Trump, will continue that investigation; in fact, there are already hints to the contrary.

The obvious historical parallel to Mr. Trump’s action was the so-called Saturday Night Massacre in October 1973, when President Richard Nixon ordered the firing of the special prosecutor investigating Watergate, prompting the principled resignations of the attorney general and his deputy. But now, there is no special prosecutor in place to determine whether the public trust has been violated, and whether the presidency was effectively stolen by a hostile foreign power. For that reason, the country has reached an even more perilous moment.
    This is exactly why anything this President states even his FP is nothing but lies and more lies.....

This statement released by the Trump WH does not reflect that both his son's in a golfing article in 2014 and again in 2015 BOTH stated that they did not need any US bank loans for their golf course expansions as they had more than enough Russian investments flowing into the golf course businesses....and one son stated in 2014 that they had over 100M USDs in Russian purchases in the Trump Towers...so no Russian business..notice Trump stated nothing about Russian money.....

President Donald Trump has hired a Washington law firm to send a letter to a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee saying he has no connections to Russia, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday.
    Spicer's revelation was in response to a question from reporters on a briefing about committee member Sen. Lindsey Graham's remarks that he wants to look into whether Trump has any business dealings with Russia.
    "The president, obviously, was aware of Senator Graham's suggestion after he made it today and he's fine with that. He has no business in Russia. He has no connections to Russia. So he welcomes that," Spicer said.
    "In fact, he is already charged a leading law firm in Washington, D.C., to send a certified letter to Senator Graham to that point that he has no connections to Russia," Spicer said.
    So is in fact Trump calling both of his son's lairs???????

This is from a MSM source that is normally quiet.... well mannered and reports factually......

Many observers would agree with at least some of Rosenstein’s points about the Clinton investigation—but so what? Are we seriously being asked to countenance the idea that Trump fired Comey because he didn’t treat Hillary Clinton fairly? The same Trump who seized upon Comey’s press conference last July and used it to buttress his claims that Clinton should be jailed. The same Trump who, on October 31st, said, “It took guts for Director Comey to make the move that he made in light of the kind of opposition he had.”
    Until the White House comes up with a less ludicrous rationalization for its actions, we can only assume that Trump fired Comey because the Russia investigation is closing in on him and his associates, and he knew that he didn’t have much sway over the F.B.I. director. That is the simplest theory that fits the facts. And it is a cause for great alarm.
    Ever since Trump took office, many people have worried about his commitment to democratic norms, the Constitution, and the rule of law. From the hasty promulgation of his anti-Muslim travel ban onward, he has done little to salve these concerns. Now he has acted like one of the authoritarian leaders he so admires—a Putin, an Erdoğan, or an el-Sisi.
    Congress must restrain him and reassert the principles of American democracy by appointing an independent special prosecutor to take over the Russian investigation.#If the legislature won’t act unprompted—and the initial signs are that most of the G.O.P. intends to yield to the President’s abuse of his power—it will be incumbent on the American people to register their protests forcefully, and to put pressure on their elected officials.#Trump is a menace. He must be stopped.
    To be stated that they view this as an actual attack on US democracy....means one thing and one thing only....Russia and their non linear war have won a major political war victory.....simple as that...
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-10-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Council Member

Maybe we all need to go back and thoroughly understand political warfare....

http://calhoun.nps.edu/bitstream/han...pdf?sequence=1

In May 1948, in the context of the early days of the Cold War, the State Department’s director of policy planning, George Kennan, defined political warfare as: The employment of all the means at a nation’s command, short of war, to achieve its national objectives. Such operations are both overt and covert. They range from such overt actions as political alliances, economic measures (as ERP [Economic Recovery Plan i.e. the Marshall Plan], and “white” propaganda, to such covert operations as clandestine support of “friendly” foreign elements, “black” psychological warfare and even encouragement of underground resistance in hostile states. Kennan’s reference to “all of the means at a nation’s command” mirrors the current understanding of grand strategy.

Van de Velde categorized all the means at a nation’s disposal into four instruments of statecraft: diplomatic, economic, military, and psychological. This concept has been adopted by the U.S. military and the psychological tool changed to the informational tool. Throughout this report, references to the instruments, levers, or tools of national power refer to diplomatic, informational, military, and economic means, abbreviated as DIME. Kennan’s understanding of PW was not an original concept.

His formative years as a Foreign Service Officer in Moscow, Prague, and Berlin had inculcated an intimate understanding of both the Nazi and Soviet methods for blurring the lines of conflict. In response, he drafted the memorandum—“The Inauguration of Organized Political Warfare”—containing the above definition, which proposed the establishment of a PW directorate within the U.S. government. In it, Kennan cited Clausewitz, Marx, and Lenin as teachers of PW.
    Gerasimov just updated PW......Putin and the FSB/GRU are delivering it.....

Journalist is arrested for simply trying to ask a question of Trump Cabinet member and his WH Staff.....

In a day of truly cinematic developments from the executive branch, one nearly slipped by. Journalist Dan Heyman, a producer for Public News Service, approached Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price and his colleague Kellyanne Conway at the capitol building in West Virginia to ask them a question about the American Health Care Act. A few minutes later, he was arrested.

Preliminary eye-witness reports suggest that capitol police were unaware Heyman was a member of the press. He was reportedly detained after getting too close to Price and Conway. Heyman was charged with "willful destruction of state government processes" by the capitol police and held in a regional jail for several hours. He was released on $5,000 bond.

ACLU-WV legal director Jamie Lynn Crofts addressed reporters on the steps of the West Virginia capitol building around 8:45pm. "Our First Amendment rights are under attack every day, particularly from the Trump administration. And it's not surprising to me that an incident like this would happen when a reporter tried to ask a question of a member of the Trump administration," Crofts said. "They have shown us every day since Donald Trump took office that they don't care about the First Amendment, or the free press. Today was just another example of that. It's horrifying."
    Upon his release around10:30pm, Heyman and his lawyer Tim DiPiero spoke to reporters. "I think it's dreadful. This is my job!" Heyman said.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-10-2017 at 10:08 AM.