Thread: A Strategic Plan to Improve the Political Position of the Islamic State of Iraq

Default A Strategic Plan to Improve the Political Position of the Islamic State of Iraq

Hello everyone,

I was reading and catching up on blogs when I came across a post from Marc Lynch's blog that mentioned that AQI had come out with a sort of Counter-COIN and Lessons Learned Manual. Needless to say, I was intrigued and wanted to read the document. However, my efforts were foiled due to the lack of an available English translation. But, even with that handicap, I would love to get the opinion (and maybe even an English translation!) of the SWC community into this new document and how it will affect the current situation in Iraq (if at all). If I get a chance to read it, I will weigh in later but until then I ask you all to provide any insights you may have either in general, or specifically related to this document. Thanks

http://lynch.foreignpolicy.com/posts...urgency_manual

Quote Originally Posted by SamB View Post
    Hello everyone,

I was reading and catching up on blogs when I came across a post from Marc Lynch's blog that mentioned that AQI had come out with a sort of Counter-COIN and Lessons Learned Manual. Needless to say, I was intrigued and wanted to read the document. However, my efforts were foiled due to the lack of an available English translation. But, even with that handicap, I would love to get the opinion (and maybe even an English translation!) of the SWC community into this new document and how it will affect the current situation in Iraq (if at all). If I get a chance to read it, I will weigh in later but until then I ask you all to provide any insights you may have either in general, or specifically related to this document. Thanks

http://lynch.foreignpolicy.com/posts...urgency_manual
    I would if it would be possible to get an English language version of this document if one is available yet?