Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
...This is not a matter about Left or Right, or Conservative of Liberal. It is a matter of what are the best interests of the United States Of America? It is obvious at least to the President, the Vice President and Gen. Petreaus that Israels interests and U.S. interests are not the same thing. Why try and deny it?

Furthermore, it is neither Anti Semitic nor an Ad Hominem attack to fail to understand how Dr. Kass can possibly manage the conflict of interest she obviously has, in the position she apparently holds, period.
not everyone commenting on this thread is as upset about that issue as you appear to be.

I submit the issue is NOT how "Dr. Kass can possibly manage the conflict of interest she obviously has, in the position she apparently holds..." but rather how elements of the US government are handling that possible conflict. The answer to that question is unknown and the speculation in your web links and here is displaying undesirable ideological aspects by concentrating on the person instead of the performance -- which no commenter here has personal knowledge of or experience with, ergo we have rampant ideologically based speculation and not a factual discussion on demonstrated merits of actual results achieved by her as opposed to what is publicly released. While all are entitled to opinions and to express them, we should all realize that that's what we're stating -- partly informed opinions.

We should also realize that those opinions are not going to have the slightest effect effect on her current position, future positions or international relations of the US, Israel or Australia. In short, there's nothing here to merit hate and discontent -- or even a minor spike in ire...

Most posting have agreed with your first paragraph above quoted and no one is denying that conflict -- or her possible conflict of interest. The problem seems to be that most us are aware and accord it far less importance than you do. I'm unsure why that is unacceptable to you; the fact that you and I disagree on the matter is not unacceptable to me...

We should be able to disagree without getting disagreeable and we should be able to discuss the issue without getting pejorative or drifting off into the ills and sins of Israel and /or Islam. That is a discussion to be avoided as it generally turns rancorous and will just get the thread shut down.

Civil discourse is always welcome, disagreements are expected to occur and should not engender hostility or digressions into name calling and allied uncouth actions.

I say that as a bona fide Couth School Graduate, Camp J. H. Pendleton Class 49-7, with post graduate work at Fort Bragg in 1960.

Full disclosure: My Wife and Kids state they believe the courses had no noticeable effect.