Thread: Dr. Lani Kass

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Ken White:

Read those hard core left wing sites and you'll get flooded with misinformation. Aside from the links you posted, check this one: (LINK)They're even more pointedly anti Semitic...
    Thank you for your comments. For your information Ken, it didn't come from a "Hard core leftist website" unless you call Col. (ret.) Pat Lang's "Sic Semper Tyrannis" website hard core leftist.

Phil Giraldi picked it up from there and ran with it at antiwar.com if you read the comments on Col. Langs blog..

http://turcopolier.typepad.com/sic_s...lani-kass.html

The question remains; how did she get this position? I'm very sure she is very smart and good at what she does. However, the "world islamofication" map and her associated speech however is certainly unmeasured and certainly not in Americas best interests by any stretch of the imagination, as recent events surrounding settlements in East Jerusalem and comments by Gen. Petreaus have indicated.

I fail to understand her qualifications having anything to do with cyberwarfare, and I speak as someone who drifted into the field of information technology without a computer engineering qualification, and I have the scars to prove it. I've given powerpoint presentations about "seamless integration of technology to produce a magic customer experience" myself. I smell the same paradigms in that presentation.

To put it another way, being an expert on the Russian weltschmerz does not translate into being an expert on middle eastern affairs, let alone computer networks and cyber warfare.

What we are talking about are the best interests of America first. That is the issue raised by Col. Lang, Giraldi and others, including me. We fail to understand how this person is "adding value" to command, nor how the risk associated with potentially divided loyalties, as demonstrated by her unhelpful and misleading hype about Islam, is being managed.

If there is some form of risk management in place, and it can be shown that there is some value add, then well and good.
    Last edited by walrus; 04-16-2010 at 05:59 AM.