I was watching the new Iron Man movie and was trying to figure out what it was trying to tell me and the audience.
Given that the hero of the movie is a billionaire military industrialist who has designed a technowow suit to fight crime and terrorism and the Russians I possibly got three things from this movie:

1.) The privatisation of war will yield better results for a Pax Americana because it will allow American businessman to rapidly advance the USA's arms technology.
2.) Technology is a panacea to everything in modern warfare and as long as you have the technological edge over your adversaries you'll be the dominant actor.
3.) Russian physicists frequently sport tattoos, are experts in self-defence and love to cause mischief.

I'm amazed the movie has been successful given the first two points. Here in Australialand anything with the word "privatisation" attached to it now has a stigma and there's plenty of bubbling rage about things like the use of drones in Af-Pak or the purchasing of F35's from the US.

So those are my three takeaways from Iron Man. Or, you know... I suppose I could be completely wrong - that Iron Man wasn't trying to say anything and was meant solely as a fun and explosion filled comic flick.

Thoughts anyone?