Thread: Aerial Reconnaissance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Huh? I missed that...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I've beaten up Ken White a bunch about how METT-TC is only practical and relative to one's experience.
    Truly missed it. I'm sure if you say it, you did it but I'm old and senile, I miss a lot. And forget a lot...

Had I not missed it, I would have disagreed with you. I submit that can be true on bad days that we all have, if one is in a funk over home and hearth, if one is just exhausted or if one has too large an ego.

We've all had those kinds of days but lacking those and similar distractions, while I have seen examples of that experience driven approach to limiting the value of considerations of METT-TC, I contend that most of us most of the time can transcend that limitation by simply reading, studying, looking and listening and working at it. I've also found that employing the experience of others can broaden the horizon a great deal. Joe can provide some good insight, usually. That's not sluffing, one is still the decider -- but one can benefit a great deal from the inputs of collective wisdom.

Most people can successfully bypass, regas and overcome that undue constriction. Further, I think one MUST try do that at all times-- even on the bad days. ...

On other topics; good essay on the Recon...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    Truly missed it. I'm sure if you say it, you did it but I'm old and senile, I miss a lot. And forget a lot...
    You are right. I mistated that. What I meant to say was METT-TC is relative to experience. Terrain to PFC Ken or Cadet Mike is much different than that of CSM Ken or Major Mike. You might be a bit older than me, but I've had a bunch of concussions .

On other topics; good essay on the Recon...
    I usually write towards telling a story that my brothers can understand, but I thought this may be helpful for some right now trying to figure out what we're talking about with recon and surveillance. I wanted to see if it made sense for others.

Anyways, I figure I better go ahead and finish a book before the historical record claims that the surge was merely us going out and giving hugs and flowers to the Iraqis .