View Poll Results: Do you think the Israeli military response inside Lebanon is justified?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 75.00%
  • No

4 25.00%

Thread: Israeli Response - Justified?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Israeli Response - Justified?

Do you think the Israeli military response inside Lebanon is justified?

I don’t know if it is well thought out or a good idea but I would say it is justified. They can’t just allow their soldiers to be taken without response. The ability to defend oneself is fundamental to a legitimate state government.

Default Agree...

Though I am sure the IDF had contingency plans for this. Like they say - once the first round goes down range the plan goes out the window. Still, the IDF seems fully capable of adapting as combat operations slug along.

Not only do I believe the Israeli incursion into Lebanon is justified - I believe it is well within a "proportional response" box.

The MSM would like us to believe otherwise - as well as some of our European "partners".

This whole episode is more than just Israel, Lebanon, Hezbollah and Hamas - it is all about Iran and Syria and the use of non-state actors / surrogates to advance national policies. It is also about the Islamists who have sworn to destroy our society... Diplomacy with all of the above antagonists, excepting Israel, is a pipe dream.
    Last edited by SWJED; 07-23-2006 at 03:54 AM.

I think a lot of the reason for the argument that Israel’s action not being a proportional response comes from a genuine since of compassion for the Lebanese caught in the middle without answering the question of what is Israel going to do. It is admirable to be worried about the well being of civilians caught in a combat zone but it is important to look at both sides.

Default Israel Justified

No state can simply stand by and allow themselves to be attacked from another nation repeatedly. By this reasoning the Israeli response is justified. Lebanon's government has failed to take any action to prevent Hizballah, a widely identified terrorist organization, to prevent or control Hizballah actions - therefore Israel is justified in trying to do so itself. As STU-6 alluded to the Israeli response may not be well thought out or strategically intelligent but it is fully justified.

Default ?????

SWJED aka Bill. Your posts about the Israeli situation reveal a great deal of passion. My personal radar suggest some kind of personal connection or experience about this. Can you share it? Or does my radar need a tune up?

Quote Originally Posted by cmetcalf82
    No state can simply stand by and allow themselves to be attacked from another nation repeatedly. By this reasoning the Israeli response is justified. Lebanon's government has failed to take any action to prevent Hizballah, a widely identified terrorist organization, to prevent or control Hizballah actions - therefore Israel is justified in trying to do so itself. As STU-6 alluded to the Israeli response may not be well thought out or strategically intelligent but it is fully justified.
    Just a point but the Lebanese government cannot do anything since they are too weak to control Hizbullah, (which is a state within a state)