A few quick random thoughts (sorry, not systematically thought out):
1. The US does not seem to have the agility needed to interfere positively (on a case by case basis, not on some general principle) in most crises.
2. Anti-American feeling in the Arab world is derived primarily from support for Israel, only secondarily from any support the US gives to local tyrants. Egypt was being aided on behalf of Israel, not because the US has any special fondness for the free officers group or any other group of thugs who may have grabbed power. Since US support for Israel is likely to continue, so is a background level of anti-Americanism.
3. The idea that good deeds can buy goodwill does not seem to stand up to scrutiny. Propaganda (skillful propaganda, not the USIS variety) and tribal identity (friend of my friend, enemy of my enemy and so on) plays more into goodwill than actual good deeds. And bad deeds stick around much longer than any good deed. Since the US is bound to be involved in some bad deeds, is a friend of Israel, and has been successfully cast as an opponent of the success of Islamdom (never mind whether that dream has any rational basis or not), its hopes of buying goodwill by throwing money at some corrupt local officials are basically nil. Why bother?
4. Remaining despots will be looking for ways to forge better links with China and Ukraine and Belarus. But its not like the US can stop this trend by toning down some rhetoric or going easy on democracy. There is just no way the US can go as easy on democracy as China or Belarus. Why try?
5. ISI must be celebrating with champagne since the Saudis may now be willing to pay through the nose for good mercenaries. But this is not a general trend, it just happens to be the case for Saudia and Pakistan. Overall, the spread of these revolts is good news. Just not as good as Americans would like.
6. It seems to me, in my naive amateurism, that the US would not be any worse off trusting democracy and encouraging open-ness. The US has strengths here. China and Russia and Belarus do not. Why not play to your strengths, even if some anti-Americanism is going to hang around?