Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
Not my intention to comment here, (even in response to those who wish harm upon my people and that surface only in relationship to this issue) .
Well, I dont count myself as one of "those"... BUT...

There is more to the argument than supporting the Israeli right to a homeland or supporting the "Arabs"..

having given a bit of thought to this (not taking sides, but just the general "can't the folks down South find a solution and stop bothering the rest of the world" kinda guy) I have come to the conclusion that a lot of what "those" people feel is simple irritation.

As an athiest, and since I was a kid, a continent hopper, I have no time for land claims based on any form of religion and who occupied it 2000 years ago. It irritates the hell out of me when such things happen and when other countries are dragged into it.

The "right" to occupation and "right to homelands"... by either side is simply not my problem.

If someone wants to live somewhere, it should be based on their ability to support themselves, by themselves.

On a small level...

I like a certain river bank, and build a hut there with my wife and kid. I ignore the fact that crocodiles live on the bank. Every 2 weeks we are attacked by crocs... and every week I have to call the cops who have to come and save my butt... at some point the cops (and right they are) are going to get pssed. They are going to go "sure, you have the "Right" to live there... but lets get serious dude... we are all getting irritated by having to work overtime to save your ass because you are to stubborn to move to a bank without crocs..."

Now, whether my god gave me the river bank, or the crocs god igave it to them, whether I found the hut first or the crocs did... the cops dont care... they calculate up the trouble I am causing, and if they are clever, at some stage will ignore the phone and let me and the crocs fight it out, best man wins.

Sigh.....

Just settle it and let FIFA dominate the web for a bit.....