I think this is my first post in almost six months. It's a relief that I finally have the time to dedicate some time to SWJ once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Call me crazy, but who was the genius that thought fast-roping a few guys with paintball guns into an angry mob was a good idea?

Actually, the video just demonstrates how poorly planned this whole operation was.
If they stormed the ship with a 100 commandos and controlled the situation they probably would have been able to reduce casualties for both sides, but they certainly would have looked like the aggressors. That's where you always get screwed conducting this type of operation. If you do your job and either quickly neutralize all weapons and resistance or simply scare them into submission with overwhelming dominance you look bad. In this case they have a clear case that their men were attacked and that the ships passengers wer violent. Even though there may be 8 or 10 killed, this position is probably easier to defend than 100 apparently peaceful people bruised from batons.

Adam L