Some good points by all. Me I was raised to believe that Government was good and greed (making money with paper)was bad, versus earning profits by real products. Business could be properly controlled by dividing it between 2 classes, for profit and nor for profit and Usury laws. Certain business could be so corruptible to the profit motive that the Government would separate them as either direct government organizations or private organizations charged with completing a mission and not profit maximization for shareholders. The original concept of a Public Utility not what it is now. Usury, earning interest on money was completely controlled to avoid widespread loan sharking or mis-application of huge sums of money from capital formation for Production to capital being spent on consumption. Most of theses regulations were abolished in the 80's.

Both these concepts have all but been obliterated under The Corporate Propaganda that Government is bad and Private Business is good. Although both parties have done their share of damage it has always amazed me that the Republican party....the party that abolished slavery and created US Greenbacks to pay for the Civil War without any interest to private banks or taxes on the people has become the party most associated with Greed,Corruption and Racism. And not to leave anybody out but the Corporate Democrats.

The Young'ns have a tough job ahead but after talking to my granddaughter this weekend....who wants to be a HISTORY teacher!!!! I think they are up it.

Only one way to end this. Elvis of course!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhUDyBwJhto