Thread: Storming the Beach

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Granite_State View Post
    I had the same thought after spending just one night aboard one during our quick Amphibious Familiarization Exercise at TBS two months ago.
    That's why I joined the Air Force. Although there were times when the cooks served red wine with fowl....yet somehow we managed to survive.

Council Member

Default Red Wine with fowl try lobster and crustaceans at the Airmens Mess

Quote Originally Posted by Valin View Post
    That's why I joined the Air Force. Although there were times when the cooks served red wine with fowl....yet somehow we managed to survive.
    The catering officer at RAAF Base Tindal (Think Nellis without Las Vegas or an Alaska town in the desert) used to hold back a little of the daily mess budget for a once a month big lunchtime spread. It worked out to more than one lobster be person, not counting prawns, oysters, balmain bugs, hot scallops etc per person. The army engineers who had just spent two months in the bush eating ration packs were speechless, when they came in for lunch before flying back 'down south'. We just told them this was the normal spread for lunch. Best base I ever ate at followed by Darwin. Memories......