That article paints a rosy picture.

The interagency coordination and cooperation interspersed with contractors in these FSO leaves everyone questioning who is in charge. The IPA types I have worked with received zip for guidance but they knew their entitlements backwards and forwards whether pulling 12 months or being long term contractors. When they did possess initiative they were quickly squashed and this in the theater that had an active police transition plan. My understanding of A-stan has been that PMT has never been a seriously focused and continuous effort.

I did work with a few good IPA but they were definitely the exception and any guidance direction and purpose they received were from the DOD.

I do not understand how the guru's continue to maintain that a local civilian police officer is a better or preferred trainer, mentor advisor to a highly centralized para military police force.

When working yourself out of a job you probably dont want guys who's fortune depend on persistence of conflict. The HN are not the only ones who see the US mil-gov as "cows to be milked."