Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The combat shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by ganulv View Post
    You could also deal with the rate of fire vs. jamming dialectic by buying up some Ithaca 37s. Though I assume a different set of unfortunate situations might ensue.
    At Aberdeen they challenged us to a skeet competition against the MPs on base, and the folks with over and under shotguns were less fatigued and had near perfect 25 target matches.

The 8-shot model 37 is essentially a Winchester 1200 minus the bayonet mount and a very respectable piece of American Iron.

The often mistaken myth about free recoil reduction. Some just get a dependable and very heavy weapon (approx. 10% reduction in recoil) and then there are others who cut the stock down and drill holes into every available area of the barrel and choke, effectively reducing the overall weight of the weapons and the felt recoil is in fact worse
    If you want to blend in, take the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    The often mistaken myth about free recoil reduction. Some just get a dependable and very heavy weapon (approx. 10% reduction in recoil) and then there are others who cut the stock down and drill holes into every available area of the barrel and choke, effectively reducing the overall weight of the weapons and the felt recoil is in fact worse
    Stan!

FPSRussia and the AA-12 Fully Automatic Shotgun on the YouTube
    Sapere Aude

Default Browning did it better

Quote Originally Posted by Surferbeetle View Post
    Stan!

FPSRussia and the AA-12 Fully Automatic Shotgun on the YouTube
    Hey Steve,

"Keep this mind, don't try this at home... I'm a professional Russian!"
    I was almost enjoying the video til he tried to cut the door in half and said that sierra

I especially enjoyed the demonstration on how to install the barrel choke

I believe WE have already had that patent design since 1898 however

John Moses Browning, the legendary American gun designer, invented the first practical self-loading shotgun in 1898. It must be noted, that at the time the autoloading shotgun was something of absolute novelty, and the task of designing such gun was severely complicated by the fact that the switch over from black powder to smokeless ammunition was well under way, and general quality of shotgun ammunition was rather uneven,to say the least. Nevertheless, Browning managed to make his prototype model work, and work well.
    If you want to blend in, take the bus