Thread: Disarming the Local Population

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Yes...

I would like to post the entire thesis in the library and a condensed version as an article in the next Vol. of the SWJ Magazine. I talked to Col Toolan and Doc Johnson about a special edition of the SWJ with 4-5 of the CSC Small Wars papers... Would still like to do this - I have one other so far... Doc Johnson mentioned that your paper was particularly noteworthy.

Default thesis

I would be happy to offer my thesis to any journal that would like to publish it. I am no "John Keegan", but through my research I was able to capture and analyze the experiences and lessons learned from some fine Marine Corps and Army officers. If my thesis help get their stories out to others, than I am all for it.

Dave- You know how to contact me. Drop me a line, and the thesis is yours.

_Art

Quote Originally Posted by CSC2005
    I would be happy to offer my thesis to any journal that would like to publish it. I am no "John Keegan"
    That I think is a good thing considering his ideas about Clausewitz!

I would also like to add my name to the list, I wrote my M.A. thesis on 4GW and the Conflict In Iraq, Dr. Terry Terriff was my tutor at Birmingham University, and I learnt a hell of a lot, he was also the person who put me on to this site.

Default Great...

Quote Originally Posted by Tc2642
    That I think is a good thing considering his ideas about Clausewitz!

I would also like to add my name to the list, I wrote my M.A. thesis on 4GW and the Conflict In Iraq, Dr. Terry Terriff was my tutor at Birmingham University, and I learnt a hell of a lot, he was also the person who put me on to this site.
    Yes, I would like to put your thesis in the library and use an extract as an article in the SWJ Magazine. - we will review it of course. Please send to ddilegge@smallwarsjournal.com.

I received another Small Wars paper (3 so far) today from USMC Command and Staff College - so Vol 6 is shaping up nicely...