You must help me here Jon. Why is it so dangerous for a troop to follow the explosion of a bunker bomb through a door of a "musty old hut"? I would suggest that the biggest risk in so doing is that the building may collapse on him.

(Note: As I think I have stated somewhere here before why don't you fly in a flamethrower team when faced with this situation? Do you still have them somewhere? Man we could have done with those things in the cave situations we faced.)

Even if you do one or two rooms as an example eventually some troop is going to have to go into each room to ensure that everyone who was in there has in fact surrendered, yes?
You most absolutely can use corkscrew tactics to obliterate the enemy, but the point is that there is simply nothing worth throwing a troop through the door, unaided. To be more clear, that comment made by that former Ranger was used to highlight that we also need to train less for Battle Drill Six (I can't recall the thread where we beat that to death, but learned some useful stuff in the process) during workups, and focus on other discrete tasks, no matter how easy and rewarding it may be to lay engineer tape out on the deck to simulate the outline of a house.