Thread: American Revolution RFI

Default American Revolution RFI

I am doing a paper looking at the British and American Campaign Strategy during the American Revolution. I have found numerous sources for the southern colonies but I still havent found enough info for the Northern Campaign any suggestions?

Kelly

I have found the Philadelphia Campaign by David Martin to be a great book on the fight in the north. Can be found: http://www.amazon.com/Philadelphia-C...0289236&sr=1-2.

Default Thanks

Gregor,
    Thanks for your help. I greatly appreciate it!!

Kelly

Default From my bookshelf

Palmer's "The Way of the Fox: American Strategy in the War for America: 1775-1783"

Ferling's "Almost A Miracle: The American Victory in the War of Independence" and "Setting the World Ablaze: Washington, Adams and Jefferson and the American Revolution"

Middlekauf: The Glorious Cause: The American Revolution, 1763-1789"
    "Law cannot limit what physics makes possible." Humanitarian Apsects of Airpower (papers of Frederick L. Anderson, Hoover Institution, Stanford University)

Default BBC book?

Try Hugh Bicheno's 'Rebels & Redcoats: the American Revolutionary War', Pub. 2003, to accompany a BBC TV series. There is a chapter on the northern campaign and I enjoyed reading it, one of a handful read on this war.

Mark Urban's paperback edition of 'Fusiliers: How the British Army lost America but learned to fight'. An excellent short account mixing the regimental - a line infantry unit - and the wider war. First published in hardback in 2007. Maybe too tactical?
    davidbfpo

Default Thanks

I appreciate the input in regards to the books. The more I am reading about the Revolution the less it seems I really know. Thanks again for the excellent recommendations!!

Kelly

Council Member

I'm sure you have heard of David McCullough's 1776. It mostly talks about the New England campaign during the year of 1776. It is very informative and an enjoyable read.