Thread: Drugs & US Law Enforcement (2006-2017)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Watching the response of multiple agencies when Christopher Dorner was isolated in Big Bear was laughable, in a sad way. It was painful to watch so many officers laboring under helmets, kneepads, body armor and belt/chest rigs at elevation and in the freezing cold.

They looked like a US troop on patrol in the orchards of Afghanistan--out of place and outmatched due to immobility.
    Last edited by jcustis; 07-22-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    Watching the response of multiple agencies when Christopher Dorner was isolated in Big Beat was laughable, in a sad way. It was painful to watch so many officers laboring under helmets, kneepads, body armor and belt/chest rigs at elevation and in the freezing cold.

They looked like a US troop on patrol in the orchards of Afghanistan--out of place and outmatched due to immobility.
    Are you talking about the guys who responded first or the SWAT guys who showed up later?

I remember when I first came on we were gearing up for an operation and one of the old timers walks into the room with a soft vest on that looked like he was wearing a bib. I'm was thinking, "what happens if this guy goes down in a hallway, doorway, any fatal funnel?".

The L.A. shootout and Waco (not taking a position on Waco other than it was FUBAR) I believe had a lot to do with how cops are armed today.